Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+4
MrMario
kirk
SLGray
Shivers58
8 posters

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket

Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Female Posts : 29
    Language : English

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Empty Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket

Post by Shivers58 January 24th 2012, 12:37 am

I am new to this forum, and I couldn't find anything about this issue. I am not sure wether it is an issue on your end
    or Photobuckets. I belong to 3 forums all the same ( yours ). When I am in a group trying to pick up tags, most of the taggers post a thumbnail which is clickable to pick up the full size. But when you click on a thumbnail it will
    take you to the same page which shows the same thumbnail. Click on that it brings up a box that says The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
    Do you want to close Yes or No

I would appreciate any help with this. I use IE 8 for almost everything unless there is a problem, then I use Firefox, but it was also doing the same thing. Thank you so much.
    Tracy ( Shivers58 )

Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Empty Re: Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket

Post by Shivers58 January 24th 2012, 2:33 am

33 people looked at this and no one can help me..
    Tracy ( Shivers58 )
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51497

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Empty Re: Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket

Post by SLGray January 24th 2012, 2:51 am

Please don't double post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk January 24th 2012, 5:21 pm

I am not exactly sure if i am following you correctly?
    Are you saying you are posting Photo bucket images with img tags/ bbcode.
    then you click on the image it should go to the the photo bucket page correct?

So if you have a message coming up on the photo bucket page, then it either has to do with photo bucket or perhaps your browser..
    I am not sure.. Have you tried with a different browse.

Other then that if this is not what you mean please post some screen shots or any links that may help us better answer or resolve you problem.

Thanx Smile
    Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Post by Shivers58 January 24th 2012, 9:44 pm

Yes I have tried with my other browser firefox and get the same thing. This is happening to alot of other people. All 3 groups I am in is doing that.
    I am going to give you an example with a screen shot. Using one of the grouos I am in.

When I click on a thumbanail that is hosted by Photobucket this is what I get.

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Untitled-vi

So we don't know if it is a forum issue or an issue with Photobucket or not. Normally when we click on a thumbnail it opens up to the full size with no other browser opening. Thank you so much.
    Tracy ( Shivers58 )
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario January 24th 2012, 11:24 pm

Hello,

Please provide me link to where this image is posted, so that I can check to see what you are talking about.
    Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Post by Shivers58 January 25th 2012, 2:13 am

Here is the link that you requested. I know when these taggers post their thumbnails then they select generate a code and this box pops up in PB and they click on the one that says Thumbnails.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/daftdeb/angela%20newman/steampunk%20ruffles/th_angelanewmansteampunkruffles-Tracy.png

Tracy ( Shivers58 )
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario January 25th 2012, 2:14 am

Need a link to a post that this image is posted at.
    LilaP
    LilaP
    Forumember

Post by LilaP January 25th 2012, 2:22 am

I am having this also in my group
    group is below with the link to where the tags are
    I post the image code from photobucket and when anyone normally clicks on it they get the large version of the tag
    thank you

http://thenawtypspden.canadian-forum.com/t1573-kg-you-wishplease-read-info
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario January 25th 2012, 2:31 am

I cannot see it since its not viewable to guest.
    LilaP
    LilaP
    Forumember

Post by LilaP January 25th 2012, 3:26 am

well is there someone here that can get in?
    ty
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk January 25th 2012, 4:45 am

It seems to be something forumotion has in place now?

I am not sure we will have to ask the godfather to see if he knows if this is something forumotion has in place now or is just a bug,

But i have tested with imageshack, tinypic and photobucket, and they all do what you are saying.
    To where if i use a traditional image host like, Imagebam, or imagebeam, Then their thumbnails codes still redirect to the image hosting page.. So the only thing i can figure is that forumotion now have this in place for certain large image host?
    (Traditional in the sense) That image host like imagebam or imagebeam are host to where you would upload whole galleries and provide clickable thumb codes along with all other standard code options..

Now forumotions image host servimg thumbbnail will redirect to servimg page as well. bounce

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  8654c011

But keep in mind servimg is forumotions image hosting.

And this has nothing to do with whether you are a guest, member or the image re-size options.

So my guess is this is something forumotion now has in place, Kind of like when they added the redirection to adfly for certain file hosting links that are posted.

So whats your alternative options?

If you are set on using photobucket, Then just add the img tag code and the direct link under it, This way members can see the image thumb and will still be able to click on the direct link.

Or just find other image host that will redirect to the host page.
    However, we will still have to ask the godfather to confirm if this is something forumotion has in place and not some sort of bug, But by me testing on other image host such as imagebam and imagebeam, it pretty much rules out that this is not a bug and just something forumotion now has in place.
    zvonce

Language : Serbian

Post by zvonce January 25th 2012, 11:41 pm

The same thing is happening on our forum. Thumbnails from photobucket and imageshack do not work. Most of our members use Photobucket and place the pictures on a daily basis, kirk's alternative options would be a problem for us.

Here are screenshots Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Th_hg2 Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Th_hg1

GalaJess
    GalaJess
    Forumember

Female Posts : 66

Post by GalaJess January 25th 2012, 11:48 pm

Same thing happening on mine. http://brandon.canadian-forum.com/ When I add an image to my Categories, it does not post the pic, just that same square icon.

Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Post by Shivers58 January 26th 2012, 2:34 am

Waiting to hear what Godfather has to say about it. Thank you.
    Tracy ( Shivers58 )
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk January 26th 2012, 2:48 am

Well for now the best thing to do would be to Just add the thumb image,
    then the direct url link right under it that members can click.

I mean if people are using the code form their photobuckets, then they can take 2 seconds to add the url link leading to the image as well thumright

At this time it would be the only option to do, unless you use a different file host that will go to the file host page when clicked.

However, the problem has been sent to FM Pro Admins, So we just have to give them time to receive the message and let us know Smile

zvonce wrote:The same thing is happening on our forum. Thumbnails from photobucket and imageshack do not work. Most of our members use Photobucket and place the pictures on a daily basis, kirk's alternative options would be a problem for us.

Here are screenshots Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Th_hg2 Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Th_hg1

As you see in zvonce pics. It is also doing it here as well.
    So it must be something new forumotion has in place now since it is doing it here as well.
    And you know i see this as a good thing. The images will still open full size, and now you do not have to worry about flash ad's or other ad's that may be on any given file host page.
    Some of those photobucket pages have flash ad's that can slow people commuters, Down, then other host can even have stuff such as ad-ware etc.on pages.. So i kind of see this as being a good thing. But that's just my opinion.. Whatever the case we just have to wait for a pro admin to answer and confirm Smile

GalaJess wrote:Same thing happening on mine. http://brandon.canadian-forum.com/ When I add an image to my Categories, it does not post the pic, just that same square icon.

GalaJess This is not the same problem that others are inquiring about in this thread.
    But i checked your link and see images fine, Can you post a screen shot of what you mean?
    Unless may be perhaps you are using the wrong image code? Not sure, But please post a screen shot so i can see what you mean.

Thanx Very Happy
    zvonce

Post by zvonce January 26th 2012, 1:33 pm

kirk wrote:
    And you know i see this as a good thing. The images will still open full size, and now you do not have to worry about flash ad's or other ad's that may be on any given file host page.
    Some of those photobucket pages have flash ad's that can slow people commuters, Down, then other host can even have stuff such as ad-ware etc.on pages.. So i kind of see this as being a good thing. But that's just my opinion.. Whatever the case we just have to wait for a pro admin to answer and confirm Smile

I agree with kirk, it's better to open pics on our forum then on host pages. I don't mind if it stays that way.
    But the problem is that we can't see full size images. Photobucket images stays in thumbnail size, and Imageshock images appear as icon (as seen on my screenshots)!
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather January 26th 2012, 4:29 pm

Hi,

zvonce, i found your image link : "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img849/6083/stoninghammer.jpg" but i would like to know something! what have you put in url bbcode ?

[ url= ??? ][ img ]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img849/6083/stoninghammer.jpg[/ img ][/ url ]

can you provide me ??? please?
    zvonce

Post by zvonce January 26th 2012, 8:26 pm

Hi, Godfather Cool
    I put the code that was copied from imageshack's thumbnail link:
    [ URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/849/stoninghammer.jpg/ ] [ img ]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img849/6083/stoninghammer.th.jpg[ /img ][ /URL ]

(without space after/before brackets, of course)

We were using those thumbnail codes for years (both photobucket and imageshack) and they worked ok until last few days.
    Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Post by Shivers58 January 26th 2012, 9:16 pm

But if people have to post full tag sizes, it will also cause peoples computers to slow down as well waiting on graphics to load. For some with a huge group, that do maybe 75 tags ( example ) for an always list will really slow down the particular thread where they need to pick up.. I realize and do understand things need to be updated, but it is like you are saying we are penalized for using Photobucket in these forums, that we should use others.
    Thank you.
    Tracy ( Shivers58 )
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51497

Post by SLGray January 26th 2012, 9:35 pm

I believe it is not just members who use Photobucket.

Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Post by Shivers58 January 27th 2012, 4:46 am

Most of them do use Photobucket for Signature rotators, But I am saying the taggers use it as well. And like I mentioned above it makes it really load very slow, as I have already experienced.
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather January 27th 2012, 9:29 am

Hi,

Test :
    Posting Thumbnails from Photobucket  Stoninghammer.th

I don't understand, it works.

Last edited by The Godfather on January 27th 2012, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zvonce

Post by zvonce January 27th 2012, 10:03 am

cheers Imageshack works in my forum now!

But Photobucket still doesn't.
    You can check it here http://hobi-grafika.bbgraph.com/t3551-rodjendanske-cestitke. Images are mostly 600*800 but when we try to open it, they stay in thumbnail size.
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather January 27th 2012, 2:31 pm

Hi,

Now it's fixed.
    Shivers58
    Shivers58
    Forumember

Post by Shivers58 January 27th 2012, 8:34 pm

Thank you so much Godfather. It still opens another page in each forum, but with a full size tag instead of a thumbnail. Very much appreciated that you corrected the situation.

Tracy ( Shivers58 ) cheers
    zvonce

Post by zvonce January 27th 2012, 9:01 pm

:wouhou: Thanks
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario January 28th 2012, 4:21 am

Topic Solved & Locked