Importing a skin via upload Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Importing a skin via upload

aRt)Y
    aRt)Y
    Forumember

Male Posts : 97
    Language : German

Completed Importing a skin via upload

Post by aRt)Y February 8th 2012, 11:13 pm

So today, i was looking for a skin an old forum had which i really liked.
    These two: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/lucid_lime/ ; http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/tranquil_teal/
    I downloaded the limie style and got a folder with a bunch of codes and images. I know i need to replace each image and template by hand but i just don't get which file i need to upload in the (Admin Panel -> Display -> Themes management -> Import the skin) field. And there're also CCS files and not only one as i thought (for the forum) - so where should they be placed?
    Since these skins aren't in the HitSkin.com selection, i can't easily install them.

Starting help or some hints are welcome.

edit: Was trying to solve my question but doesn't seem to work like the phpboard is writing it in their guide. I know what Filezilla is but forumotion doesn't support this, so..?
    aRt)Y
    aRt)Y
    Forumember

Completed Re: Importing a skin via upload

Post by aRt)Y February 9th 2012, 10:16 pm

Bump.

Easier question, is it possible to get a phpBB skin and all the feature with forumotion?
    Talking about this.

Not sure if phpBB3 should be 'phpBB 3.0.10' but then all the features are missing. Yes/No and maybe a hint to another forum hosting service which are hosting phpBB forums? Topic would be solved then..
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario February 9th 2012, 10:17 pm

Hello,

You'll need to edit the theme to your liking. There is no way to upload the theme via a FTP.
    aRt)Y
    aRt)Y
    Forumember

Post by aRt)Y February 9th 2012, 10:30 pm

Ok but that would be too much work. Secondly, there isn't a way to get the feature phpBB3 has like adding his own BBcode?
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk February 10th 2012, 3:33 am

Well i don't think it would be that hard to get something close to that skin with a little time and adjustments.. But your problem is you looking for skins on phpbb when you should be looking on hitskin.com.. although forumotion do have phpbb2 and phpbb3 versions you can not install phpbb skins the same way as having a regular phpbb forum.

So your only choice would be to customize it your self to your liking or just choose one from hitskin.com Smile

Other then that you may be able to add some of the css to your forum. it all depends what you got in the downloaded files from phpbb, you may have the means to add everything that way but will still have to do it manually
    aRt)Y
    aRt)Y
    Forumember

Post by aRt)Y February 10th 2012, 4:06 pm

Well, would be too much work to delete and add all the stuff. Furthermore, i believe with changing the version to phpbb3, i won't be able to use all the function like adding your own BBcode.

This is complete.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk February 10th 2012, 5:04 pm

aRt)Y wrote:
    This is complete.

Topic Solved & Locked