Forum hijacked ??? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
xGraphicGodx
Darkside Dave
6 posters

Forum hijacked ???

Darkside Dave

Language : english

Solved Forum hijacked ???

Post by Darkside Dave February 27th 2012, 3:27 am

What is happening?
    Lately my forum has been plastered with multiple banners covering everything up so you can't see hardly anything. They are repeated panels with TINYPIC plasted all over everything. I get the impression that my forum has been hijacked. How can I report this to get it fixed?
    xGraphicGodx
    xGraphicGodx
    Forumember

Male Posts : 125
    Language : English

Solved Re: Forum hijacked ???

Post by xGraphicGodx February 27th 2012, 4:23 am

Darkside Dave wrote:What is happening?
    Lately my forum has been plastered with multiple banners covering everything up so you can't see hardly anything. They are repeated panels with TINYPIC plasted all over everything. I get the impression that my forum has been hijacked. How can I report this to get it fixed?

I know your problem. It seems that TinyPic removed the images that were on your forum, and so you see the "TinyPic Image Removed" picture. This may not be the problem, but possibly is. If this is the problem, you will need to choose a new theme.

Also, can you provide a Forum URL so I may see?

Thanks!
    Wink

Last edited by Dradra44 on February 27th 2012, 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dang spelling mistakes ;))
    Darkside Dave

Post by Darkside Dave February 27th 2012, 4:37 pm

The URL is www.DarksidersRealm.com I guess I just want that crap gone. I did some checking and found that TINYPIC is owned and operated by Photobucket. It would seem to me that Forumotion has to have some hand in all of this by putting that stuff on my board. I would really like to know how to directly e-mail the people at Forumotion about this. They seem to have well insulated themselves from complaints.
    WHITESABBATH
    WHITESABBATH
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
    Language : English, F-Bombs

Post by WHITESABBATH February 27th 2012, 5:34 pm

Darkside Dave wrote:What is happening?
    As Dradra44 stated, the images have been either removed and/or the person who created the skin has used up the bandwidth allowed by tiny pics.... I suggest installing a new theme/skin ..once you have done so, copy all the images in sites skin, and replace them with your own image url's .. if u have trouble let me know and i'll assist you. Please find a little relief in knowing your site hasn't been hijacked..
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk February 28th 2012, 12:24 pm

This is why i do not recommend people to ever use tiny pic for forum/web creations. If tiny pic comes a cross a pic hey feel is in violation they will delete all images ever uploaded from any given ip addresses, It would not matter if the other images where not in violation or not.

So all you can do is re-upload all the images and replace them in the proper places where they need to be. Or go with a new skin.
    BryanR
    Forumember

Male Posts : 185
    Language : English | Spanish | Spanglish | HTML | Graphics

Post by BryanR February 28th 2012, 3:20 pm

This is why Forumotion has Servimg, use that and problems like this can be avoided, easily. Wink
    xGraphicGodx
    xGraphicGodx
    Forumember

Male Posts : 125

Post by xGraphicGodx February 28th 2012, 9:51 pm

On your forum, I do not see "Image Removed" anywhere.. If this is solved, mark it solved. Wink
    Darkside Dave

Solved Problem solved...

Post by Darkside Dave February 29th 2012, 4:21 am

Dradra44 wrote:On your forum, I do not see "Image Removed" anywhere.. If this is solved, mark it solved. Wink

One of the administrators fixed the problem. Thanks... How do I mark it solved?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499

Post by SLGray February 29th 2012, 4:25 am

Topic Solved & Locked

To mark a thread solved, you edit your post and add the solved icon.

Forum hijacked ??? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.