Our forum is behaving strangely Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Our forum is behaving strangely

Tennisdude
    Forumember

Male Posts : 66
    Language : English

Solved Our forum is behaving strangely

Post by Tennisdude March 3rd 2012, 2:11 pm

Today a lot of weird things have happened on my forum that none of the staff can figure out how it happened.
    Some topics randomly split, our username colors kept changing, and just 15 minutes ago in the AP a banner appeared saying the forum was in violation of the Forumotion Terms of Service and would be deleted in 14 days if we didn't fix it. It later dissappeared. Is there a way to stop these weird things from happening?

If it helps, we recieved a spambot threat from another forum a week ago. But we didn't notice anything that could have violated the terms of service.

Forum Address: http://universalmln.forumotion.com/forum

Please help if you can!
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Solved Re: Our forum is behaving strangely

Post by Base March 3rd 2012, 2:18 pm

Hi, regarding the topics splitting, it could mean that you have either hit a limit or there is a moderator messing around. When a topic hits the limit, it will automatically split. This is normal and you shouldn't worry. Smile

If you are really concerned, try checking the security logs to see if anyone's messing around. As for the 'weird banner', that is an official warning from Forumotion. It means that your forum is breaking our terms of service, however since it's disappeared I'm not entirely sure what the situation is with that.

Make sure that you are following our TOS and your forum should be fine.
    Tennisdude
    Forumember

Post by Tennisdude March 3rd 2012, 2:22 pm

Ok. What is the limit for the topics? I tried to merge one back together and it wouldn't work. The security logs show that no one has split the topics in question.

MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario March 3rd 2012, 2:24 pm

Hello,

Tennisdude wrote:
    Some topics randomly split
    This is normal, once you reach to a limit in topics, it will split. https://help.forumotion.com/t1709-some-limits-of-forumotion-forum

Tennisdude wrote:Our username colors kept changing
    How so? This can't just happen, someone must of been changing the color. Another admin?

Tennisdude wrote:and just 15 minutes ago in the AP a banner appeared saying the forum was in violation of the Forumotion Terms of Service and would be deleted in 14 days if we didn't fix it. It later dissappeared. Is there a way to stop these weird things from happening?
    This message won't mess up anything on your forum. You had some Illegal content that on your forum. I would suggest you check your forum, just to be safe. Take a look at the Terms of Service https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

Tennisdude wrote:If it helps, we recieved a spambot threat from another forum a week ago. But we didn't notice anything that could have violated the terms of service.
    This couldn't of happened because of a spam bot threat.
    Tennisdude
    Forumember

Post by Tennisdude March 3rd 2012, 2:26 pm

Thanks for your help.

The username colors would change between different groups the users were in. It stopped doing that now though.

Example: Someone is in a group that has a color Blue and one that has a color Red. It was normally Blue, but it changed to red, and then back to blue and then back to red a few times before finally going back to the way it was before.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario March 3rd 2012, 3:12 pm

Usersnames just don't change color even though they are in one or more groups. Could have been the user leaving the group and going back in.
    Tennisdude
    Forumember

Post by Tennisdude March 3rd 2012, 5:36 pm

Oh, but we have to approve people before they can enter the group. They can leave the group, but not join it again until I or another Admin approves it.

I looked over the forum and didn't find anything that violated the terms of service.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario March 3rd 2012, 6:05 pm

If you think everything is fine, I wouldn't worry about it. The warning message could of been human error.
    Tennisdude
    Forumember

Post by Tennisdude March 3rd 2012, 6:06 pm

Okay. So you think someone could have accidentally given us one but then removed it?
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario March 3rd 2012, 6:08 pm

Its possible. I don't handle this area, so I couldn't tell you 100%.
    Tennisdude
    Forumember

Post by Tennisdude March 3rd 2012, 6:09 pm

Okay, Thanks for all your help!
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper