Cannot put my site under construction for more than a day without it reverting back  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Cannot put my site under construction for more than a day without it reverting back

secretp

Language : english

In progress Cannot put my site under construction for more than a day without it reverting back

Post by secretp May 16th 2012, 8:10 pm

I am setting up my forum and I keep having to put it under construction everyday because it reverts back to normal if I don't. Is there anyway I can keep it under construction until I have finished setting it up?
    Ahkrir
    Ahkrir
    Forumember

Male Posts : 288
    Language : English

In progress Re: Cannot put my site under construction for more than a day without it reverting back

Post by Ahkrir May 16th 2012, 9:25 pm

It shouldn't be doing that.
    Never had this problem myself, it could be a script running on your site that is messing up with it. That's all I could think about.
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

In progress Re: Cannot put my site under construction for more than a day without it reverting back

Post by Base May 16th 2012, 10:31 pm

Hi, this is normal. The construction mode only lasts for 24 hours. After that time, the forum will be reopened. If you would like to close your forum for longer, you can put the forum in holiday mode. Smile

Ahkrir: this has nothing to do with scripts.
    Ahkrir
    Ahkrir
    Forumember

Post by Ahkrir May 17th 2012, 10:29 am

Base wrote:Hi, this is normal. The construction mode only lasts for 24 hours. After that time, the forum will be reopened. If you would like to close your forum for longer, you can put the forum in holiday mode. Smile

Ahkrir: this has nothing to do with scripts.

Ok, well I did not know it would re-open after 24 hours.

PS: What I always do is create a HTML page and put that as my homepage, so that will be my "Under Construction" -page.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk May 17th 2012, 3:48 pm

Ahkrir wrote:

PS: What I always do is create a HTML page and put that as my homepage, so that will be my "Under Construction" -page.

yeah that would be ok to do, Buit you still want to put it in atleast holiday mode or members will have accesses if they have the links to your other forum sections. or by just adding /forum or /portal etc.. to the end of the domain/lonk Smile

i have even taken out my whole home page index template and added a message that way to.

But whatever the case, i guess this is solved now?
    Ahkrir
    Ahkrir
    Forumember

Post by Ahkrir May 17th 2012, 6:39 pm

kirk wrote:
    Ahkrir wrote:

yeah that would be ok to do, Buit you still want to put it in atleast holiday mode or members will have accesses if they have the links to your other forum sections. or by just adding /forum or /portal etc.. to the end of the domain/lonk Smile

i have even taken out my whole home page index template and added a message that way to.

But whatever the case, i guess this is solved now?

Yeah true, you can still acces for example /forum. But well, for the 'less-smart' people ;p
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3122
    Language : English, Italian, French

Post by Niko May 17th 2012, 6:42 pm

Hello,

You can't do anything...
    You have to do it every day Sad

But you can vote for it in the suggestion section Very Happy
    Friendly,