HTML and Link Problem in Posts? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

HTML and Link Problem in Posts?

ulji@hotmail.com

Language : english

HTML and Link Problem in Posts? Empty HTML and Link Problem in Posts?

Post by ulji@hotmail.com June 5th 2012, 4:09 pm

i am having problems with links being "clickable" when i sign out of my forum? At the end of my posts that i create, they ARE CLICKABLE but only when i am signed in.
    but when i sign out, and go to my forum/topic/post and check the links i added at the bottom of my posts, they are NOT CLICKABLE all of the sudden?

can someone tell me how to fix this? here is an example of what i am talking about: http://containerhouse.forumotion.com/t4-welding-container-home go all the way to the last post by "admin" and you cant click on any of my links now for some reason?

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED !!! EVEN BY THE ADMIN. HERE

Last edited by ulji@hotmail.com on June 5th 2012, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ulji@hotmail.com

Language : english

HTML and Link Problem in Posts? Empty Re: HTML and Link Problem in Posts?

Post by ulji@hotmail.com June 5th 2012, 4:39 pm

and i also followed these instructions as well and still problem still happens?

Enabling HTML
    by Caihlem on February 1st 2009, 1:03 pm

.Enabling HTML

In order to have HTML applications (such as flash games, images, and other sources) in users' posts, you'll have to activate HTML in both the Administration Panel and the user's profile :

Enabling HTML via Administration Panel

Administration Panel >

General tab >

Forum -- Messages and Emails >

While in the Messages section on this page, scroll down a wee bit to where the statement Allow HTML : is keyed, and select Yes next to it.
    Be sure that you Save the settings afterwards.

Enabling HTML via Profile

Profile tab (found on Navigation Bar); or My Profile (found on the Log-In widget) >

Preferences tab >

From that page, scroll down a bit to where Always allow HTML : is keyed on the page, and select Yes next to it.
    Be sure that you Save the settings afterwards.

Also, there is a high recommendation for you to have an Announcement in your forum discussing how users can enable HTML.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
    Language : English

Post by Sanket June 5th 2012, 5:55 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

General>Forum>Security
    Disable external links to guests in messages :NO
    Save.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Post by runawayhorses June 5th 2012, 6:54 pm

What is the point of disabling links to guests? I'm really curious as to the reasoning of this. Does disabling the links for guests have a negative effect of BOTs for search engine optimization?

Also in that section of the Admin panel is a "anti-spider mode" option which is active on my forum, does this have any effect on the search engine Bots and the SEO or does that just keep known bad ones out?
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket June 5th 2012, 7:04 pm

runawayhorses wrote:What is the point of disabling links to guests? I'm really curious as to the reasoning of this. Does disabling the links for guests have a negative effect of BOTs for search engine optimization?
    Honestly, i am not aware of the reason behind this. Sorry.
    runawayhorses wrote:
    Also in that section of the Admin panel is a "anti-spider mode" option which is active on my forum, does this have any effect on the search engine Bots and the SEO or does that just keep known bad ones out?
    Maybe, you should make another thread for it.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Post by runawayhorses June 5th 2012, 7:06 pm

OK thanks Sanket, will do.