The Search Widget  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

The Search Widget

forestshadow

Female Posts : 8
    Language : English

Solved The Search Widget

Post by forestshadow June 7th 2012, 1:53 pm

hey there,
    I've neen looking for a topic that answers my question already, but I don't think this has been asked already, or I haven't seen it yet. I would love some help.

This is my question:
    When I go activated the search widget on my forum, I see a search for google, a search for the entire title of a topic an an advance search. Like so:

The Search Widget  Iaza11335736137700

So I want to know first how to remove that google option, since it doesn't work and how to make it so that it only shows the advanced search. And here is the link of my forum: http://forestshadow.findtalk.biz/

Thanks Razz

Last edited by forestshadow on June 9th 2012, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Solved Re: The Search Widget

Post by kirk June 7th 2012, 3:46 pm

i would just remove the widget and create a custum widget then add a text link that will lead to the advanced serch page.

You only want the advanced serch to show right? If so that would be the easiest way.
    forestshadow

Post by forestshadow June 8th 2012, 1:07 pm

Yea that's right. Smile Um, ok, thanks, but how do you do that Razz I'm not very techy is there a tutorial that teaches how to do it?
    xiaomah01
    xiaomah01
    Forumember

Male Posts : 206
    Language : English|Chinese|malay

Post by xiaomah01 June 8th 2012, 7:30 pm

display>portal>mod_search
    deleted:

Code:
    <input id="interne" type="radio" name="typerecherche" value="interne" checked="checked" /><label for="interne"> {SEARCH_INSIDE}</label> 
                   <input id="google" type="radio" name="typerecherche" value="google" /><label for="google"> <b><font color="#0039b6">G</font><font color="#c41200">o</font><font color="#f3c518">o</font><font color="#0039b6">g</font><font color="#30a72f">l</font><font color="#c41200">e</font></b></label><br />
                   <br />
                   {SEARCH_RESULTS} <br />
                   <input id="rposts" type="radio" name="show_results" value="posts" /><label for="rposts"> {SEARCH_POSTS}</label> 
                   <input id="rtopics" type="radio" name="show_results" value="topics" checked="checked" /><label for="rtopics"> {SEARCH_TOPICS}</label>

forestshadow

Post by forestshadow June 9th 2012, 12:37 pm

Thanks Smile
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French