Forum redirects to an other website?! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Forum redirects to an other website?!

ViciousPassion
    ViciousPassion
    Forumember

Female Posts : 90
    Language : English, Greek

Forum redirects to an other website?! Empty Forum redirects to an other website?!

Post by ViciousPassion July 28th 2012, 12:42 pm

Hello I have a little problem

A few weeks ago I disabled the pm fanction of a user cause she was pming my forum members advertising her own website (which has the same subject with mine).

Now the past few days two of my mods reported that they typed my forum address in the browser and instead of my forum went to hers. Then they refreshed the webpage and they were redirected to my forum.

Is that even possible?? Is it possible that she found a way to redirect people who visit my forum to hers? Can you please check her coding for anything suspicious?

My forum url: http://www.filessalesforum.com/
    the other forum: http://www.filessales.com/
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
    Language : English

Forum redirects to an other website?! Empty Re: Forum redirects to an other website?!

Post by Sanket July 28th 2012, 2:47 pm

I don't think she could add anything that would make your forum url redirect to hers.
    ViciousPassion
    ViciousPassion
    Forumember

Forum redirects to an other website?! Empty Re: Forum redirects to an other website?!

Post by ViciousPassion July 28th 2012, 3:04 pm

Any idea what could it be then?
    LostLegend
    LostLegend
    Forumember

Post by LostLegend July 28th 2012, 3:49 pm

I can load yours fine without being redirected. Check the coding of any of her posts just to be sure? I was once 'hacked' and a redirection code was put in my forum's description box :/ (removing it solved the issue)
    ViciousPassion
    ViciousPassion
    Forumember

Post by ViciousPassion July 28th 2012, 3:59 pm

ok i will check her posts. My forum works fine for me too. Could it be something erelevant to forumotion? Like a cache or cookies issue?
    LostLegend
    LostLegend
    Forumember

Post by LostLegend July 28th 2012, 4:14 pm

Clear all cookies at the bottom right of your forum (above the activity and stats box) as well as your browser's cache and cookies? Also, access your admin panel and resynchronise yourself?
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket July 28th 2012, 7:46 pm

Maybe she PM'ed some code which redirected them?
    ViciousPassion
    ViciousPassion
    Forumember

Post by ViciousPassion July 28th 2012, 8:03 pm

I don't think she can do that, I disabled her pm's when she start spamming my members like 2 weeks ago.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket July 28th 2012, 8:08 pm

Ahan, so i don't think other than that there is no scope for anything to happen. You should not worry now. Wink