How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

efi
    efi
    Forumember

Female Posts : 104
    Language : greek,english,italian

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Empty How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

Post by efi January 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm

I went to admin panel--> user & groups-->ranks
    and I made a rank callled moderators, I selected yes to special rank
    I even uploaded an icon, but when I look at my moderators
    posts they appear as members!

How can I make them have the moderators rank?
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
    Language : scotch och aye!

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Empty Re: How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

Post by zinex January 23rd 2008, 4:55 pm

if you go into admin>>users and groups>>users find the member you want to have the mod rank, scroll to the bottom of his or her profile and select moderator out of the ranks list Smile
    efi
    efi
    Forumember

Female Posts : 104
    Language : greek,english,italian

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Empty Re: How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

Post by efi January 23rd 2008, 5:01 pm

Thanks a lot Zinex

You always help!
    David58bug

Language : english

Post by David58bug January 26th 2008, 6:34 pm

Ok my name is David I am a member of shoptalkforums.com it is a air cooled VW site we are experincing problem with MySQL. Plans are to upgrade to this software. So I started a forum that the moderators could use to get used to this platform. Here is what I am having trouble doing.
    by zinex on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 am

if you go into admin>>users and groups>>users find the member you want to have the mod rank, scroll to the bottom of his or her profile and select moderator out of the ranks list
    I only have these 2 choices ADMIN and No special rank assigned. How do I add moderator to the drop down list?
    Luky
    Luky
    Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
    Language : Romanian, English

Post by Luky January 26th 2008, 7:25 pm

That rank doesn't give moderator rights.For a member to have moderator rights you have to add him to the moderator group. You can make a special rank called"Moderator" and then add it to a member but that doesn't give him moderator rights.