How to create a forced topic Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

How to create a forced topic

bearsstampfourm

Language : english

Solved How to create a forced topic

Post by bearsstampfourm August 17th 2012, 1:18 am

Hello i have been searching around for a bit and need a little advice. i would like to do one or both of the following -

when a member logs in i want to redirect them to an important announcement thread before they can go anywhere else.

i want to make it so that new members must either create or reply to an introduction thread before they can post anywhere else.

are either of these possible? if so my i have instructions on how to do these?

thank you in advance for all of your help.
    Shakespeare
    Shakespeare
    Forumember

Female Posts : 55
    Language : English

Solved Re: How to create a forced topic

Post by Shakespeare August 17th 2012, 4:50 am

bearsstampfourm wrote:
    i want to make it so that new members must either create or reply to an introduction thread before they can post anywhere else.

The only thing I could think of for this would be to create a hidden group, that when a user makes one post, they get added to it.

Then, You could make all the sections except your intro section only post able in by people in this hidden group (Plus everyone in the other groups of course.)

So then, when the new user goes to the introduction section.(It would have to be a whole section since you can't do it thread by thread.) They can post their thread or reply to the desired one, get their one post, be added to the hidden group automatically, and be able to post everywhere else now.

If you do this though, You'd have to watch out and make sure the users that aren't already in a group make it into the hidden group, because past users with 1 post may or may not be added automatically. If they aren't auto-added, you'd need to add them manually.
    bearsstampfourm

Language : english

Post by bearsstampfourm August 17th 2012, 4:54 am

oh that is a great idea thank you for your input!!

as we start our updates this weekend this would be a good time to make such a massive change ..

again thank you

now to figure out the other one.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
    Language : English

Post by Sanket August 17th 2012, 6:11 am

Topic Solved & Locked