Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages.

Case_Closed

Language : English

Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages. Empty Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages.

Post by Case_Closed August 25th 2012, 4:18 am

Is it possible to place a widget in Homepage message/top of forum index and make it be able to be shown on all pages?

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me.

Link: http://primaryduelacademy.findforum.net/forum
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 629
    Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages. Empty Re: Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages.

Post by DarkGlow August 25th 2012, 4:17 pm

You can place slideshows. There are enough examples/explanations here:

https://help.forumotion.com/t113684-slideshow-in-a-widget?highlight=Widget

I can help you with the nivo slide since I got it on my own forums. There's a tutorial, though.

Also, you can turn on the chat/shoutbox. Go to:

1) ACP.
    2) Advanced mode.
    3) Modules tab.
    4) You'll notice a table that has various widgets (you can choose them also). Pick the chatbox one (next to last).
    5) Activate the chatbox: YES.
    6) Chatbox display: pick as you wish. It's preferred to have it on top of homepage.
    7) Validate!

Good luck.

Case_Closed

Language : English

Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages. Empty Re: Placing a Widget in Homepage Message that shows on all pages.

Post by Case_Closed August 25th 2012, 6:25 pm

Sorry. I think I phrased my question incorrectly. What I meant was:

Is it possible to place a widget on top of the forum index, like putting "Top Posting Users This Week" in the area above the forum categories, and have it displayed on all pages. Currently you can only put widgets on the side on the Forum Pages management. I want the widget on top of the forum, but I want it to be shown on all pages (i.e. "Top Posting Users This Week" is shown on all pages such Profile and Personal Messages when you place the widget on the side of the forum, but I want it to be on top of the categories instead, not on the side.)

Sorry if that was sloppy. That was the best way I could explain it.
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 629
    Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Post by DarkGlow August 25th 2012, 11:00 pm

Hmmm.... That isn't possible without Ajax. Also, you need a pretty long code for it.