Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?

repchat
    Forumember

Language : english

Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?  Empty Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?

Post by repchat September 4th 2012, 12:59 pm

My search does not work - when I try to search my forum for a keyword that is definately in the the category, forum or it's subcategories, it just doesn't pick it up and returns with:

Information
    No topics or posts met your search criteria

Scondly, how do i prevent members from deleting their posts? I only want admin to have this control. They should not be able to delete even their own posts.
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 629
    Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?  Empty Re: Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?

Post by DarkGlow September 4th 2012, 1:18 pm

As for your first issue, try re-synchronizing your forum. Wink

Second one; check this link:

https://help.forumotion.com/t114137-how-to-make-members-not-allowed-to-delete-their-post
    repchat
    Forumember

Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?  Empty Re: Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?

Post by repchat September 4th 2012, 2:53 pm

DarkGlow wrote:As for your first issue, try re-synchronizing your forum. Wink

https://help.forumotion.com/t114137-how-to-make-members-not-allowed-to-delete-their-post

thanks, but what is re-synchronizing my forum? steps plz?
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Post by DarkGlow September 4th 2012, 3:04 pm

ACP > Advanced mode > General tab > Configurations under Forum box > Check to re-synchronize > save.
    repchat
    Forumember

Post by repchat September 4th 2012, 3:40 pm

DarkGlow wrote:ACP > Advanced mode > General tab > Configurations under Forum box > Check to re-synchronize > save.

Okay, this does not wipe away any of my data or settings right? thanks a mil
    repchat
    Forumember

Post by repchat September 4th 2012, 4:01 pm

Help, i have 15 CATEGORIES AND about 30 FORUMS!
    It will take me FOREVER TO DO IT. Can I do it for my ENTIRE BOARD one time? please help me on this

Same with re-synchronizing ... how do I do it all at the same time pretty please ? Crying or Very sad

Althought I have re-synced some of my forums already and still the search does not pick up anything on my forum! HELP! Oh my god
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556
    Language : English

Post by SLGray September 4th 2012, 6:21 pm

repchat wrote:
    DarkGlow wrote:ACP > Advanced mode > General tab > Configurations under Forum box > Check to re-synchronize > save.

Okay, this does not wipe away any of my data or settings right? thanks a mil

repchat wrote:

Help, i have 15 CATEGORIES AND about 30 FORUMS!
    It will take me FOREVER TO DO IT. Can I do it for my ENTIRE BOARD one time? please help me on this

Same with re-synchronizing ... how do I do it all at the same time pretty please ? Crying or Very sad

Althought I have re-synced some of my forums already and still the search does not pick up anything on my forum! HELP! Oh my god
    Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

When you do a search, you can not search for any keyword that is least than five letters long.

Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Post by DarkGlow September 4th 2012, 8:56 pm

Re-synchronizing your whole forum will take one to two seconds, it won't affect. It will fix bugs and errors.

Also, you have to go one by one on preventing your members from deleting posts. Sorry.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112

Post by brandon_g September 4th 2012, 9:08 pm

DarkGlow wrote:Also, you have to go one by one on preventing your members from deleting posts. Sorry.
    Yes each one must be done indiviually in the admin panel sorry... there is no way to get all your forums to have the same settings by doing it all at once... sorry once again.
    repchat
    Forumember

Post by repchat September 5th 2012, 9:19 am

Rideem3 wrote:When searching, you must type in a certain amount of characters. What are you searching for?

ahh i see now. but it's a pity it has to be a min of 5 letters, is there no way to set this? and make the min 3 letters instead?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556

Post by SLGray September 5th 2012, 9:27 am

Sorry it is not possible with the way the search engine is set up.

Search does not work & How to prevent members from deleting their posts?  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.