The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Copyright question.

DK
    DK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 588
    Language : English

Solved Copyright question.

Post by DK September 6th 2012, 2:02 pm

If I created the forum rules on a different site but left my founder position.Now I have a new forum and used those rules on the other site where I used to be founder, is that copyright? I made both rules. Or now that the founder changed, is that copyright to the rules I made?

Last edited by iLeo on September 6th 2012, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solved Re: Copyright question.

Post by Guest September 6th 2012, 2:07 pm

If you were the original owner of the forum then yes they belong to you. It isn't copyrighted if you were the one to write them up. Now if somebody else made them and you used them then it would be stealing them but if you made both rules on both sites then no it isn't copyrighted.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk September 6th 2012, 4:50 pm

rules are rules a lot of people have the same and other make up or adults them how they see fit.
    It something that someone owns. I mean sure if you really wanted to pay and them copyrighted i am sure you can and add owner ship of your forums name to them.

But whats the point they are only rules, To have full ownership of them you would have to have them officially copyrighted threw international or your governments copyright office. You can also find many sites online that can do it, but would cost more and are better off finding your official government copyright office and doing it threw that.
    DK
    DK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 588
    Language : English

Post by DK September 6th 2012, 11:24 pm

Thank you both! Very Happy

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 12:28 am