The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+2
Sanket
HogwartsAcademy
6 posters

Form to send PM's?

HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Form to send PM's?

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 15th 2012, 9:56 pm

I want to make a form that sends whatever you put in the textarea field as a PM to a recipient..

Look at this for example: http://www.hexrpg.com/class/class.php?class=dada&lessonnum=1

Username: Firas
    Password: firas123
    (test account)

once you login and click the link above, you see a topic. scroll down and there's a textarea field, I know I can make that with a simple form maker, but I want to make the submit button send a PM to a member on the forums, with the body of the PM whatever you put in the textarea box. How can I do this?
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Solved Re: Form to send PM's?

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 15th 2012, 11:26 pm

It didn't work, I clicked Send after putting in the Username of my recipient, and the subject + body, and it just redirected me to my inbox.
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 16th 2012, 5:15 pm

bump
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket September 17th 2012, 5:57 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 17th 2012, 10:33 pm

Buuuuuump :\
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 19th 2012, 1:37 am

bump
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Male Posts : 989
    Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 7:03 am

hey Hogwarts there is a code for direct Admin PM if you would like to use that so people can message you their homework?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN HERE IS THE EXACT CODE YOU WILL NEED TO make a PM form to anyone, as long as you know their name. I have yet to get down the find user yet.

Code:
    <form enctype="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="return vB_Editor['text_editor'].prepare_submit(0,0)" name="post" method="post" action="/privmsg">
    Username: <input id="username" class="post" type="text" tabindex="1" size="25" value="" name="username[]" style="margin:1px 0">
    Subject: <input id="acpro_inp10" class="post" type="text" onkeypress="if (event.keyCode==13){return false}" title="" tabindex="2" maxlength="64" size="45" value="" name="subject" style="width:450px"><br />
    <textarea id="text_editor_textarea" class="post" wrap="virtual" tabindex="3" cols="35" rows="15" name="message" style="width:100%;height:250px"></textarea>
    <input type="hidden" value="" name="lt">
    <input type="hidden" value="f559a37ba4085cb9b99978a61b47877f" name="auth[]">
    <input type="hidden" value="7d6606dd5991dec3e21b7d3ac01ec21f" name="auth[]">
    <input type="hidden" value="inbox" name="folder">
    <input type="hidden" value="post" name="mode">
    <input type="hidden" value="1348117503" name="new_pm_time">
    <input class="liteoption" type="submit" tabindex="5" value="Preview" name="preview">
    <input class="mainoption" type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" value="Send" name="post">
    </form>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://illiweb.com/rs3/36/frm/jquery/jqmodal/jqmodal.js">
    (function($){$.fn.jqm=function(o){var p={overlay:50,overlayClass:"jqmOverlay",closeClass:"jqmClose",trigger:".jqModal",ajax:F,ajaxText:"",target:F,modal:F,toTop:F,onShow:F,onHide:F,onLoad:F};return this.each(function(){if(this._jqm){return H[this._jqm].c=$.extend({},H[this._jqm].c,o)}s++;this._jqm=s;H[s]={c:$.extend(p,$.jqm.params,o),a:F,w:$(this).addClass("jqmID"+s),s:s};if(p.trigger){$(this).jqmAddTrigger(p.trigger)}})};$.fn.jqmAddClose=function(e){return hs(this,e,"jqmHide")};$.fn.jqmAddTrigger=function(e){return hs(this,e,"jqmShow")};$.fn.jqmShow=function(t){return this.each(function(){t=t||window.event;$.jqm.open(this._jqm,t);$(this).jqmIE6(1)})};$.fn.jqmHide=function(t){return this.each(function(){t=t||window.event;$(this).jqmIE6(0);$.jqm.close(this._jqm,t)})};$.jqm={hash:{},open:function(s,t){var h=H[s],c=h.c,cc="."+c.closeClass,z=(parseInt(h.w.css("z-index"))),z=(z>0)?z:10001,o=$("<div></div>").css({height:"100%",width:"100%",position:"fixed",left:0,top:0,"z-index":z-1,opacity:c.overlay/100});if(h.a){return F}h.t=t;h.a=true;h.w.css("z-index",z);if(c.modal){if(!A[0]){L("bind")}A.push(s)}else{if(c.overlay>0){h.w.jqmAddClose(o)}else{o=F}}h.o=(o)?o.addClass(c.overlayClass).prependTo("body"):F;if(ie6){$("html,body").css({height:"100%",width:"100%"});if(o){o=o.css({position:"absolute"})[0];for(var y in{Top:1,Left:1}){o.style.setExpression(y.toLowerCase(),"(_=(document.documentElement.scroll"+y+" || document.body.scroll"+y+"))+'px'")}}}if(c.ajax){var r=c.target||h.w,u=c.ajax,r=(typeof r=="string")?$(r,h.w):$(r),u=(u.substr(0,1)=="@")?$(t).attr(u.substring(1)):u;r.html(c.ajaxText).load(u,function(){if(c.onLoad){c.onLoad.call(this,h)}if(cc){h.w.jqmAddClose($(cc,h.w))}e(h)})}else{if(cc){h.w.jqmAddClose($(cc,h.w))}}if(c.toTop&&h.o){h.w.before('<span id="jqmP'+h.w[0]._jqm+'"></span>').insertAfter(h.o)}(c.onShow)?c.onShow(h):h.w.show();e(h);return F},close:function(s){var h=H[s];if(!h.a){return F}h.a=F;if(A[0]){A.pop();if(!A[0]){L("unbind")}}if(h.c.toTop&&h.o){$("#jqmP"+h.w[0]._jqm).after(h.w).remove()}if(h.c.onHide){h.c.onHide(h)}else{h.w.hide();if(h.o){h.o.remove()}}return F},params:{}};var s=0,H=$.jqm.hash,A=[],ie6=$.browser.msie&&($.browser.version=="6.0"),F=false,i=$('<iframe src="javascript:false;document.write(\'\');" class="jqm"></iframe>').css({opacity:0}),e=function(h){if(ie6){if(h.o){h.o.html('<p style="width:100%;height:100%"/>').prepend(i)}else{if(!$("iframe.jqm",h.w)[0]){h.w.prepend(i)}}}f(h)},f=function(h){try{$(":input:visible",h.w)[0].focus()}catch(_){}},L=function(t){$()[t]("keypress",m)[t]("keydown",m)[t]("mousedown",m)},m=function(e){var h=H[A[A.length-1]],r=(!$(e.target).parents(".jqmID"+h.s)[0]);if(r){f(h)}return!r},hs=function(w,t,c){return w.each(function(){var s=this._jqm;$(t).each(function(){if(!this[c]){this[c]=[];$(this).click(function(){for(var i in{jqmShow:1,jqmHide:1}){for(var s in this[i]){if(H[this[i][s]]){H[this[i][s]].w[i](this)}}}return F})}this[c].push(s)})})}})(jQuery);(function($){$.fn.jqDrag=function(h){if($.browser.msie){$(h).css('cursor','auto');return}return i(this,h,"d")};$.fn.jqResize=function(h){return i(this,h,"r")};$.jqDnR={dnr:{},e:0,drag:function(v){if(M.k=="d"){E.css({left:M.X+v.pageX-M.pX,top:M.Y+v.pageY-M.pY})}else{E.css({width:Math.max(v.pageX-M.pX+M.W,0),height:Math.max(v.pageY-M.pY+M.H,0)})}return false},stop:function(){E.css("opacity",M.o);$().unbind("mousemove",J.drag).unbind("mouseup",J.stop)}};var J=$.jqDnR,M=J.dnr,E=J.e,i=function(e,h,k){return e.each(function(){h=(h)?$(h,e):e;h.bind("mousedown",{e:e,k:k},function(v){var d=v.data,p={};E=d.e;if(E.css("position")!="relative"){try{E.position(p)}catch(e){}}M={X:p.left||f("left")||0,Y:p.top||f("top")||0,W:f("width")||E[0].scrollWidth||0,H:f("height")||E[0].scrollHeight||0,pX:v.pageX,pY:v.pageY,k:d.k,o:E.css("opacity")};E.css({opacity:0.8});$().mousemove($.jqDnR.drag).mouseup($.jqDnR.stop);return false})})},f=function(k){return parseInt(E.css(k))||false}})(jQuery);(function($){var height=$.fn.height,width=$.fn.width;$.fn.extend({height:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}if(this[0]==window){if($.browser.opera||($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)>520)){return self.innerHeight-(($(document).height()>self.innerHeight)?getScrollbarWidth():0)}else{if($.browser.safari){return self.innerHeight}else{return $.boxModel&&document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight}}}if(this[0]==document){return Math.max(($.boxModel&&document.documentElement.scrollHeight||document.body.scrollHeight),document.body.offsetHeight)}return height.apply(this,arguments)},width:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}if(this[0]==window){if($.browser.opera||($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)>520)){return self.innerWidth-(($(document).width()>self.innerWidth)?getScrollbarWidth():0)}else{if($.browser.safari){return self.innerWidth}else{return $.boxModel&&document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth}}}if(this[0]==document){if($.browser.mozilla){var scrollLeft=self.pageXOffset;self.scrollTo(99999999,self.pageYOffset);var scrollWidth=self.pageXOffset;self.scrollTo(scrollLeft,self.pageYOffset);return document.body.offsetWidth+scrollWidth}else{return Math.max((($.boxModel&&!$.browser.safari)&&document.documentElement.scrollWidth||document.body.scrollWidth),document.body.offsetWidth)}}return width.apply(this,arguments)},innerHeight:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.height():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetHeight-num(this,"borderTopWidth")-num(this,"borderBottomWidth"):this.height()+num(this,"paddingTop")+num(this,"paddingBottom")},innerWidth:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.width():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetWidth-num(this,"borderLeftWidth")-num(this,"borderRightWidth"):this.width()+num(this,"paddingLeft")+num(this,"paddingRight")},outerHeight:function(options){if(!this[0]){error()}options=$.extend({margin:false},options||{});return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.height():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetHeight+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginTop")+num(this,"marginBottom")):0):this.height()+num(this,"borderTopWidth")+num(this,"borderBottomWidth")+num(this,"paddingTop")+num(this,"paddingBottom")+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginTop")+num(this,"marginBottom")):0)},outerWidth:function(options){if(!this[0]){error()}options=$.extend({margin:false},options||{});return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.width():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetWidth+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginLeft")+num(this,"marginRight")):0):this.width()+num(this,"borderLeftWidth")+num(this,"borderRightWidth")+num(this,"paddingLeft")+num(this,"paddingRight")+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginLeft")+num(this,"marginRight")):0)},scrollLeft:function(val){if(!this[0]){error()}if(val!=undefined){return this.each(function(){if(this==window||this==document){window.scrollTo(val,$(window).scrollTop())}else{this.scrollLeft=val}})}if(this[0]==window||this[0]==document){return self.pageXOffset||$.boxModel&&document.documentElement.scrollLeft||document.body.scrollLeft}return this[0].scrollLeft},scrollTop:function(val){if(!this[0]){error()}if(val!=undefined){return this.each(function(){if(this==window||this==document){window.scrollTo($(window).scrollLeft(),val)}else{this.scrollTop=val}})}if(this[0]==window||this[0]==document){return self.pageYOffset||$.boxModel&&document.documentElement.scrollTop||document.body.scrollTop}return this[0].scrollTop},position:function(returnObject){return this.offset({margin:false,scroll:false,relativeTo:this.offsetParent()},returnObject)},offset:function(options,returnObject){if(!this[0]){error()}var x=0,y=0,sl=0,st=0,elem=this[0],parent=this[0],op,parPos,elemPos=$.css(elem,"position"),mo=$.browser.mozilla,ie=$.browser.msie,oa=$.browser.opera,sf=$.browser.safari,sf3=$.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)>520,absparent=false,relparent=false,options=$.extend({margin:true,border:false,padding:false,scroll:true,lite:false,relativeTo:document.body},options||{});if(options.lite){return this.offsetLite(options,returnObject)}if(options.relativeTo.jquery){options.relativeTo=options.relativeTo[0]}if(elem.tagName=="BODY"){x=elem.offsetLeft;y=elem.offsetTop;if(mo){x+=num(elem,"marginLeft")+(num(elem,"borderLeftWidth")*2);y+=num(elem,"marginTop")+(num(elem,"borderTopWidth")*2)}else{if(oa){x+=num(elem,"marginLeft");y+=num(elem,"marginTop")}else{if((ie&&jQuery.boxModel)){x+=num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}else{if(sf3){x+=num(elem,"marginLeft")+num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(elem,"marginTop")+num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}}}}}else{do{parPos=$.css(parent,"position");x+=parent.offsetLeft;y+=parent.offsetTop;if((mo&&!parent.tagName.match(/^t[d|h]$/i))||ie||sf3){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth");if(mo&&parPos=="absolute"){absparent=true}if(ie&&parPos=="relative"){relparent=true}}op=parent.offsetParent||document.body;if(options.scroll||mo){do{if(options.scroll){sl+=parent.scrollLeft;st+=parent.scrollTop}if(oa&&($.css(parent,"display")||"").match(/table-row|inline/)){sl=sl-((parent.scrollLeft==parent.offsetLeft)?parent.scrollLeft:0);st=st-((parent.scrollTop==parent.offsetTop)?parent.scrollTop:0)}if(mo&&parent!=elem&&$.css(parent,"overflow")!="visible"){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth")}parent=parent.parentNode}while(parent!=op)}parent=op;if(parent==options.relativeTo&&!(parent.tagName=="BODY"||parent.tagName=="HTML")){if(mo&&parent!=elem&&$.css(parent,"overflow")!="visible"){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth")}if(((sf&&!sf3)||oa)&&parPos!="static"){x-=num(op,"borderLeftWidth");y-=num(op,"borderTopWidth")}break}if(parent.tagName=="BODY"||parent.tagName=="HTML"){if(((sf&&!sf3)||(ie&&$.boxModel))&&elemPos!="absolute"&&elemPos!="fixed"){x+=num(parent,"marginLeft");y+=num(parent,"marginTop")}if(sf3||(mo&&!absparent&&elemPos!="fixed")||(ie&&elemPos=="static"&&!relparent)){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth")}break}}while(parent)}var returnValue=handleOffsetReturn(elem,options,x,y,sl,st);if(returnObject){$.extend(returnObject,returnValue);return this}else{return returnValue}},offsetLite:function(options,returnObject){if(!this[0]){error()}var x=0,y=0,sl=0,st=0,parent=this[0],offsetParent,options=$.extend({margin:true,border:false,padding:false,scroll:true,relativeTo:document.body},options||{});if(options.relativeTo.jquery){options.relativeTo=options.relativeTo[0]}do{x+=parent.offsetLeft;y+=parent.offsetTop;offsetParent=parent.offsetParent||document.body;if(options.scroll){do{sl+=parent.scrollLeft;st+=parent.scrollTop;parent=parent.parentNode}while(parent!=offsetParent)}parent=offsetParent}while(parent&&parent.tagName!="BODY"&&parent.tagName!="HTML"&&parent!=options.relativeTo);var returnValue=handleOffsetReturn(this[0],options,x,y,sl,st);if(returnObject){$.extend(returnObject,returnValue);return this}else{return returnValue}},offsetParent:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}var offsetParent=this[0].offsetParent;while(offsetParent&&(offsetParent.tagName!="BODY"&&$.css(offsetParent,"position")=="static")){offsetParent=offsetParent.offsetParent}return $(offsetParent)}});var error=function(){throw"Dimensions: jQuery collection is empty"};var num=function(el,prop){return parseInt($.css(el.jquery?el[0]:el,prop))||0};var handleOffsetReturn=function(elem,options,x,y,sl,st){if(!options.margin){x-=num(elem,"marginLeft");y-=num(elem,"marginTop")}if(options.border&&(($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)<520)||$.browser.opera)){x+=num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}else{if(!options.border&&!(($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)<520)||$.browser.opera)){x-=num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y-=num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}}if(options.padding){x+=num(elem,"paddingLeft");y+=num(elem,"paddingTop")}if(options.scroll&&(!$.browser.opera||elem.offsetLeft!=elem.scrollLeft&&elem.offsetTop!=elem.scrollLeft)){sl-=elem.scrollLeft;st-=elem.scrollTop}return options.scroll?{top:y-st,left:x-sl,scrollTop:st,scrollLeft:sl}:{top:y,left:x}};var scrollbarWidth=0;var getScrollbarWidth=function(){if(!scrollbarWidth){var testEl=$("<div>").css({width:100,height:100,overflow:"auto",position:"absolute",top:-1000,left:-1000}).appendTo("body");scrollbarWidth=100-testEl.append("<div>").find("div").css({width:"100%",height:200}).width();testEl.remove()}return scrollbarWidth}})(jQuery);(function($){$.fn.jqmIE6=function(b){if($.browser.version=="6.0"&&$.browser.msie){if(b){var divIE6=$(this);var fixIE6=function(){divIE6.css({position:"absolute",top:($(window).scrollTop()+Math.round($(window).height()/2))+"px"})};$(window).bind("scroll",fixIE6).trigger("scroll")}else{$(window).unbind("scroll",fixIE6)}}return this}})(jQuery);(function($){$.fn.bgIframe=$.fn.bgiframe=function(s){if($.browser.msie){s=$.extend({top:"auto",left:"auto",width:"auto",height:"auto",opacity:true,src:"javascript:false;"},s||{});var prop=function(n){return n&&n.constructor==Number?n+"px":n},html='<iframe class="bgiframe"frameborder="0"tabindex="-1"src="'+s.src+'"style="display:block;position:absolute;z-index:-1;'+(s.opacity!==false?"filter:Alpha(Opacity='0');":"")+"top:"+(s.top=="auto"?"expression(((parseInt(this.parentNode.currentStyle.borderTopWidth)||0)*-1)+'px')":prop(s.top))+";left:"+(s.left=="auto"?"expression(((parseInt(this.parentNode.currentStyle.borderLeftWidth)||0)*-1)+'px')":prop(s.left))+";width:"+(s.width=="auto"?"expression(this.parentNode.offsetWidth+'px')":prop(s.width))+";height:"+(s.height=="auto"?"expression(this.parentNode.offsetHeight+'px')":prop(s.height))+';"/>';return this.each(function(){if($("> iframe.bgiframe",this).length==0){this.insertBefore(document.createElement(html),this.firstChild)}})}return this}})(jQuery);
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    $(function(){privmsg_add_username('/search?mode=searchuser', '<br /><span class="genmed"><input class="post" style="margin:1px 0" type="text" name="username[]" size="25" /></span>');});//]]>
    </script>

Last edited by nextlevelgaming on September 20th 2012, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got the code)
    Arrow
    Arrow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 121

Post by Arrow September 20th 2012, 5:29 pm

I tested this out just to see what it was like and I always get this error message

A browser error occured [Error #230], please contact the technical support.
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 6:47 pm

the code that i gave you was test and was working perfect. Place this in your forum description, or widget, or announment, i have not tried it on a new html page yet. the javascript files need to be in it as well
    DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1234

Post by DustyBones September 20th 2012, 7:13 pm

Arrow wrote:I tested this out just to see what it was like and I always get this error message

I got the same error.. Sad

I put it in a widget then made an html page with it and got the same results... "A browser error occured [Error #230], please contact the technical support."

I'm using Firefox 15.0.1

If I click Preview it goes to the regular message editor and I can send it.
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 7:28 pm

ok hold on there is suppose to be no preview button so i might have given the code that i was trying to make to add more users and find users. gimme a few and ill post again Smile

Code:
    <form enctype="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="return vB_Editor['text_editor'].prepare_submit(0,0)" name="post" method="post" action="/privmsg">
    Username: <input id="username" class="post" type="text" tabindex="1" size="25" value="" name="username[]" style="margin:1px 0"><br />
    Subject: <input id="acpro_inp10" class="post" type="text" onkeypress="if (event.keyCode==13){return false}" title="" tabindex="2" maxlength="64" size="45" value="" name="subject" style="width:450px"><br />
    <textarea id="text_editor_textarea" class="post" wrap="virtual" tabindex="3" cols="35" rows="15" name="message" style="width:100%;height:250px"></textarea>
    <input type="hidden" value="c3c5effcd708584d2e5083998d89691a" name="auth[]">
    <input type="hidden" value="fa11dcd5277eb22cf170d050f86d1085" name="auth[]">
    <input class="mainoption" type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" value="Send" name="post">
    </form>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://illiweb.com/rs3/36/frm/jquery/jqmodal/jqmodal.js">
    (function($){$.fn.jqm=function(o){var p={overlay:50,overlayClass:"jqmOverlay",closeClass:"jqmClose",trigger:".jqModal",ajax:F,ajaxText:"",target:F,modal:F,toTop:F,onShow:F,onHide:F,onLoad:F};return this.each(function(){if(this._jqm){return H[this._jqm].c=$.extend({},H[this._jqm].c,o)}s++;this._jqm=s;H[s]={c:$.extend(p,$.jqm.params,o),a:F,w:$(this).addClass("jqmID"+s),s:s};if(p.trigger){$(this).jqmAddTrigger(p.trigger)}})};$.fn.jqmAddClose=function(e){return hs(this,e,"jqmHide")};$.fn.jqmAddTrigger=function(e){return hs(this,e,"jqmShow")};$.fn.jqmShow=function(t){return this.each(function(){t=t||window.event;$.jqm.open(this._jqm,t);$(this).jqmIE6(1)})};$.fn.jqmHide=function(t){return this.each(function(){t=t||window.event;$(this).jqmIE6(0);$.jqm.close(this._jqm,t)})};$.jqm={hash:{},open:function(s,t){var h=H[s],c=h.c,cc="."+c.closeClass,z=(parseInt(h.w.css("z-index"))),z=(z>0)?z:10001,o=$("<div></div>").css({height:"100%",width:"100%",position:"fixed",left:0,top:0,"z-index":z-1,opacity:c.overlay/100});if(h.a){return F}h.t=t;h.a=true;h.w.css("z-index",z);if(c.modal){if(!A[0]){L("bind")}A.push(s)}else{if(c.overlay>0){h.w.jqmAddClose(o)}else{o=F}}h.o=(o)?o.addClass(c.overlayClass).prependTo("body"):F;if(ie6){$("html,body").css({height:"100%",width:"100%"});if(o){o=o.css({position:"absolute"})[0];for(var y in{Top:1,Left:1}){o.style.setExpression(y.toLowerCase(),"(_=(document.documentElement.scroll"+y+" || document.body.scroll"+y+"))+'px'")}}}if(c.ajax){var r=c.target||h.w,u=c.ajax,r=(typeof r=="string")?$(r,h.w):$(r),u=(u.substr(0,1)=="@")?$(t).attr(u.substring(1)):u;r.html(c.ajaxText).load(u,function(){if(c.onLoad){c.onLoad.call(this,h)}if(cc){h.w.jqmAddClose($(cc,h.w))}e(h)})}else{if(cc){h.w.jqmAddClose($(cc,h.w))}}if(c.toTop&&h.o){h.w.before('<span id="jqmP'+h.w[0]._jqm+'"></span>').insertAfter(h.o)}(c.onShow)?c.onShow(h):h.w.show();e(h);return F},close:function(s){var h=H[s];if(!h.a){return F}h.a=F;if(A[0]){A.pop();if(!A[0]){L("unbind")}}if(h.c.toTop&&h.o){$("#jqmP"+h.w[0]._jqm).after(h.w).remove()}if(h.c.onHide){h.c.onHide(h)}else{h.w.hide();if(h.o){h.o.remove()}}return F},params:{}};var s=0,H=$.jqm.hash,A=[],ie6=$.browser.msie&&($.browser.version=="6.0"),F=false,i=$('<iframe src="javascript:false;document.write(\'\');" class="jqm"></iframe>').css({opacity:0}),e=function(h){if(ie6){if(h.o){h.o.html('<p style="width:100%;height:100%"/>').prepend(i)}else{if(!$("iframe.jqm",h.w)[0]){h.w.prepend(i)}}}f(h)},f=function(h){try{$(":input:visible",h.w)[0].focus()}catch(_){}},L=function(t){$()[t]("keypress",m)[t]("keydown",m)[t]("mousedown",m)},m=function(e){var h=H[A[A.length-1]],r=(!$(e.target).parents(".jqmID"+h.s)[0]);if(r){f(h)}return!r},hs=function(w,t,c){return w.each(function(){var s=this._jqm;$(t).each(function(){if(!this[c]){this[c]=[];$(this).click(function(){for(var i in{jqmShow:1,jqmHide:1}){for(var s in this[i]){if(H[this[i][s]]){H[this[i][s]].w[i](this)}}}return F})}this[c].push(s)})})}})(jQuery);(function($){$.fn.jqDrag=function(h){if($.browser.msie){$(h).css('cursor','auto');return}return i(this,h,"d")};$.fn.jqResize=function(h){return i(this,h,"r")};$.jqDnR={dnr:{},e:0,drag:function(v){if(M.k=="d"){E.css({left:M.X+v.pageX-M.pX,top:M.Y+v.pageY-M.pY})}else{E.css({width:Math.max(v.pageX-M.pX+M.W,0),height:Math.max(v.pageY-M.pY+M.H,0)})}return false},stop:function(){E.css("opacity",M.o);$().unbind("mousemove",J.drag).unbind("mouseup",J.stop)}};var J=$.jqDnR,M=J.dnr,E=J.e,i=function(e,h,k){return e.each(function(){h=(h)?$(h,e):e;h.bind("mousedown",{e:e,k:k},function(v){var d=v.data,p={};E=d.e;if(E.css("position")!="relative"){try{E.position(p)}catch(e){}}M={X:p.left||f("left")||0,Y:p.top||f("top")||0,W:f("width")||E[0].scrollWidth||0,H:f("height")||E[0].scrollHeight||0,pX:v.pageX,pY:v.pageY,k:d.k,o:E.css("opacity")};E.css({opacity:0.8});$().mousemove($.jqDnR.drag).mouseup($.jqDnR.stop);return false})})},f=function(k){return parseInt(E.css(k))||false}})(jQuery);(function($){var height=$.fn.height,width=$.fn.width;$.fn.extend({height:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}if(this[0]==window){if($.browser.opera||($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)>520)){return self.innerHeight-(($(document).height()>self.innerHeight)?getScrollbarWidth():0)}else{if($.browser.safari){return self.innerHeight}else{return $.boxModel&&document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight}}}if(this[0]==document){return Math.max(($.boxModel&&document.documentElement.scrollHeight||document.body.scrollHeight),document.body.offsetHeight)}return height.apply(this,arguments)},width:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}if(this[0]==window){if($.browser.opera||($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)>520)){return self.innerWidth-(($(document).width()>self.innerWidth)?getScrollbarWidth():0)}else{if($.browser.safari){return self.innerWidth}else{return $.boxModel&&document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth}}}if(this[0]==document){if($.browser.mozilla){var scrollLeft=self.pageXOffset;self.scrollTo(99999999,self.pageYOffset);var scrollWidth=self.pageXOffset;self.scrollTo(scrollLeft,self.pageYOffset);return document.body.offsetWidth+scrollWidth}else{return Math.max((($.boxModel&&!$.browser.safari)&&document.documentElement.scrollWidth||document.body.scrollWidth),document.body.offsetWidth)}}return width.apply(this,arguments)},innerHeight:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.height():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetHeight-num(this,"borderTopWidth")-num(this,"borderBottomWidth"):this.height()+num(this,"paddingTop")+num(this,"paddingBottom")},innerWidth:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.width():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetWidth-num(this,"borderLeftWidth")-num(this,"borderRightWidth"):this.width()+num(this,"paddingLeft")+num(this,"paddingRight")},outerHeight:function(options){if(!this[0]){error()}options=$.extend({margin:false},options||{});return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.height():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetHeight+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginTop")+num(this,"marginBottom")):0):this.height()+num(this,"borderTopWidth")+num(this,"borderBottomWidth")+num(this,"paddingTop")+num(this,"paddingBottom")+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginTop")+num(this,"marginBottom")):0)},outerWidth:function(options){if(!this[0]){error()}options=$.extend({margin:false},options||{});return this[0]==window||this[0]==document?this.width():this.is(":visible")?this[0].offsetWidth+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginLeft")+num(this,"marginRight")):0):this.width()+num(this,"borderLeftWidth")+num(this,"borderRightWidth")+num(this,"paddingLeft")+num(this,"paddingRight")+(options.margin?(num(this,"marginLeft")+num(this,"marginRight")):0)},scrollLeft:function(val){if(!this[0]){error()}if(val!=undefined){return this.each(function(){if(this==window||this==document){window.scrollTo(val,$(window).scrollTop())}else{this.scrollLeft=val}})}if(this[0]==window||this[0]==document){return self.pageXOffset||$.boxModel&&document.documentElement.scrollLeft||document.body.scrollLeft}return this[0].scrollLeft},scrollTop:function(val){if(!this[0]){error()}if(val!=undefined){return this.each(function(){if(this==window||this==document){window.scrollTo($(window).scrollLeft(),val)}else{this.scrollTop=val}})}if(this[0]==window||this[0]==document){return self.pageYOffset||$.boxModel&&document.documentElement.scrollTop||document.body.scrollTop}return this[0].scrollTop},position:function(returnObject){return this.offset({margin:false,scroll:false,relativeTo:this.offsetParent()},returnObject)},offset:function(options,returnObject){if(!this[0]){error()}var x=0,y=0,sl=0,st=0,elem=this[0],parent=this[0],op,parPos,elemPos=$.css(elem,"position"),mo=$.browser.mozilla,ie=$.browser.msie,oa=$.browser.opera,sf=$.browser.safari,sf3=$.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)>520,absparent=false,relparent=false,options=$.extend({margin:true,border:false,padding:false,scroll:true,lite:false,relativeTo:document.body},options||{});if(options.lite){return this.offsetLite(options,returnObject)}if(options.relativeTo.jquery){options.relativeTo=options.relativeTo[0]}if(elem.tagName=="BODY"){x=elem.offsetLeft;y=elem.offsetTop;if(mo){x+=num(elem,"marginLeft")+(num(elem,"borderLeftWidth")*2);y+=num(elem,"marginTop")+(num(elem,"borderTopWidth")*2)}else{if(oa){x+=num(elem,"marginLeft");y+=num(elem,"marginTop")}else{if((ie&&jQuery.boxModel)){x+=num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}else{if(sf3){x+=num(elem,"marginLeft")+num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(elem,"marginTop")+num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}}}}}else{do{parPos=$.css(parent,"position");x+=parent.offsetLeft;y+=parent.offsetTop;if((mo&&!parent.tagName.match(/^t[d|h]$/i))||ie||sf3){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth");if(mo&&parPos=="absolute"){absparent=true}if(ie&&parPos=="relative"){relparent=true}}op=parent.offsetParent||document.body;if(options.scroll||mo){do{if(options.scroll){sl+=parent.scrollLeft;st+=parent.scrollTop}if(oa&&($.css(parent,"display")||"").match(/table-row|inline/)){sl=sl-((parent.scrollLeft==parent.offsetLeft)?parent.scrollLeft:0);st=st-((parent.scrollTop==parent.offsetTop)?parent.scrollTop:0)}if(mo&&parent!=elem&&$.css(parent,"overflow")!="visible"){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth")}parent=parent.parentNode}while(parent!=op)}parent=op;if(parent==options.relativeTo&&!(parent.tagName=="BODY"||parent.tagName=="HTML")){if(mo&&parent!=elem&&$.css(parent,"overflow")!="visible"){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth")}if(((sf&&!sf3)||oa)&&parPos!="static"){x-=num(op,"borderLeftWidth");y-=num(op,"borderTopWidth")}break}if(parent.tagName=="BODY"||parent.tagName=="HTML"){if(((sf&&!sf3)||(ie&&$.boxModel))&&elemPos!="absolute"&&elemPos!="fixed"){x+=num(parent,"marginLeft");y+=num(parent,"marginTop")}if(sf3||(mo&&!absparent&&elemPos!="fixed")||(ie&&elemPos=="static"&&!relparent)){x+=num(parent,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(parent,"borderTopWidth")}break}}while(parent)}var returnValue=handleOffsetReturn(elem,options,x,y,sl,st);if(returnObject){$.extend(returnObject,returnValue);return this}else{return returnValue}},offsetLite:function(options,returnObject){if(!this[0]){error()}var x=0,y=0,sl=0,st=0,parent=this[0],offsetParent,options=$.extend({margin:true,border:false,padding:false,scroll:true,relativeTo:document.body},options||{});if(options.relativeTo.jquery){options.relativeTo=options.relativeTo[0]}do{x+=parent.offsetLeft;y+=parent.offsetTop;offsetParent=parent.offsetParent||document.body;if(options.scroll){do{sl+=parent.scrollLeft;st+=parent.scrollTop;parent=parent.parentNode}while(parent!=offsetParent)}parent=offsetParent}while(parent&&parent.tagName!="BODY"&&parent.tagName!="HTML"&&parent!=options.relativeTo);var returnValue=handleOffsetReturn(this[0],options,x,y,sl,st);if(returnObject){$.extend(returnObject,returnValue);return this}else{return returnValue}},offsetParent:function(){if(!this[0]){error()}var offsetParent=this[0].offsetParent;while(offsetParent&&(offsetParent.tagName!="BODY"&&$.css(offsetParent,"position")=="static")){offsetParent=offsetParent.offsetParent}return $(offsetParent)}});var error=function(){throw"Dimensions: jQuery collection is empty"};var num=function(el,prop){return parseInt($.css(el.jquery?el[0]:el,prop))||0};var handleOffsetReturn=function(elem,options,x,y,sl,st){if(!options.margin){x-=num(elem,"marginLeft");y-=num(elem,"marginTop")}if(options.border&&(($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)<520)||$.browser.opera)){x+=num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y+=num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}else{if(!options.border&&!(($.browser.safari&&parseInt($.browser.version)<520)||$.browser.opera)){x-=num(elem,"borderLeftWidth");y-=num(elem,"borderTopWidth")}}if(options.padding){x+=num(elem,"paddingLeft");y+=num(elem,"paddingTop")}if(options.scroll&&(!$.browser.opera||elem.offsetLeft!=elem.scrollLeft&&elem.offsetTop!=elem.scrollLeft)){sl-=elem.scrollLeft;st-=elem.scrollTop}return options.scroll?{top:y-st,left:x-sl,scrollTop:st,scrollLeft:sl}:{top:y,left:x}};var scrollbarWidth=0;var getScrollbarWidth=function(){if(!scrollbarWidth){var testEl=$("<div>").css({width:100,height:100,overflow:"auto",position:"absolute",top:-1000,left:-1000}).appendTo("body");scrollbarWidth=100-testEl.append("<div>").find("div").css({width:"100%",height:200}).width();testEl.remove()}return scrollbarWidth}})(jQuery);(function($){$.fn.jqmIE6=function(b){if($.browser.version=="6.0"&&$.browser.msie){if(b){var divIE6=$(this);var fixIE6=function(){divIE6.css({position:"absolute",top:($(window).scrollTop()+Math.round($(window).height()/2))+"px"})};$(window).bind("scroll",fixIE6).trigger("scroll")}else{$(window).unbind("scroll",fixIE6)}}return this}})(jQuery);(function($){$.fn.bgIframe=$.fn.bgiframe=function(s){if($.browser.msie){s=$.extend({top:"auto",left:"auto",width:"auto",height:"auto",opacity:true,src:"javascript:false;"},s||{});var prop=function(n){return n&&n.constructor==Number?n+"px":n},html='<iframe class="bgiframe"frameborder="0"tabindex="-1"src="'+s.src+'"style="display:block;position:absolute;z-index:-1;'+(s.opacity!==false?"filter:Alpha(Opacity='0');":"")+"top:"+(s.top=="auto"?"expression(((parseInt(this.parentNode.currentStyle.borderTopWidth)||0)*-1)+'px')":prop(s.top))+";left:"+(s.left=="auto"?"expression(((parseInt(this.parentNode.currentStyle.borderLeftWidth)||0)*-1)+'px')":prop(s.left))+";width:"+(s.width=="auto"?"expression(this.parentNode.offsetWidth+'px')":prop(s.width))+";height:"+(s.height=="auto"?"expression(this.parentNode.offsetHeight+'px')":prop(s.height))+';"/>';return this.each(function(){if($("> iframe.bgiframe",this).length==0){this.insertBefore(document.createElement(html),this.firstChild)}})}return this}})(jQuery);
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    $(function(){privmsg_add_username('/search?mode=searchuser', '<br /><span class="genmed"><input class="post" style="margin:1px 0" type="text" name="username[]" size="25" /></span>');});//]]>
    </script>

This code does work btw, except the issue of the numbers as so-

Code:

<input type="hidden" value="1348164885" name="new_pm_time">

So what I did was take it out. it worked consistantly. Now the auth[] i will try to see if it works with other users thanks guys

So now the auth[] is making other users not able to use this.

Code:
    <input type="hidden" value="c3c5effcd708584d2e5083998d89691a" name="auth[]">
    <input type="hidden" value="fa11dcd5277eb22cf170d050f86d1085" name="auth[]">

so basically i need to figure out how to get this to with out it

Last edited by nextlevelgaming on September 20th 2012, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited)
    Arrow
    Arrow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 121

Post by Arrow September 20th 2012, 8:21 pm

Yeah I had the preview button as well
    LGforum
    LGforum
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Post by LGforum September 20th 2012, 8:37 pm

That's because the code is just a copy and paste from the source code lol.

This is all you need to send a PM
    Code:
    <form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="post" method="post" action="/privmsg">
    Username: <input id="username" class="post" type="text" tabindex="1" size="25" value="" name="username[]">
    </form>

There is no need for that ridiculous amount of code. Got like the entire jQuery modal source copied into it Razz
    Literally just the form is needed. The auth fields aren't needed since they are uniquely created each page load. The timestamp field isn't needed, it will be added on the server.

The error message presented is down to the authorization fields. Its part of a security feature that Forumotion added a while back, to prevent data being sent from anywhere other than those forms.*
    You can disable this by going to ACP > General > Security > Unauthorize unofficial forms ... : NO

*Mostly to stop the "leave forumotion" tool.
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 8:57 pm

yeah i started to realize this LG. I have been just trial and error it the whole time. I used firebug to get the main elements. Then i started to realize the unique auth code was messing it up.

*** I added the modal for purposes of using the search users and groups and what not, i didnt take it out yet. my bad. ***

***I was trying to make everything work in a sub page...But the auth[] geesh was giving me problems, thanks for making that a wee bit easier man. I was bout to rip my hair out. is auth[] a general markup or a FM markup? i've never seen it.
    DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Post by DustyBones September 20th 2012, 9:01 pm

LGforum wrote:That's because the code is just a copy and paste from the source code lol.

This is all you need to send a PM

Thanks LGforum! Form to send PM's? 2555912552
    That works great... I can modify the input fields that I need using your info..

One question.. How can I make it so it sends automatically to the admin of my choice instead of having to input the username of who you want to send it to?
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 9:06 pm

Code:
    <input id="username" class="post" type="text" tabindex="1" size="25" value="ADMINS NAME" name="username[]" disabled="true">

You can do that which will grey it out, or you can make it that plus a
    Code:
    type="hidden"
    it works for me.
    DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Post by DustyBones September 20th 2012, 9:41 pm

nextlevelgaming wrote:
    Code:
    <input id="username" class="post" type="text" tabindex="1" size="25" value="ADMINS NAME" name="username[]" disabled="true">

You can do that which will grey it out, or you can make it that plus a
    Code:
    type="hidden"
    it works for me.

That doesn't work..
    I get this message "You must specify a username to whom to send this message."

It didn't grey out the name in the field as you said. It fills the name in the text box but for some reason it doesn't recognize it.
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 9:54 pm

ok i see what was the issue, I used wrong variable inside the input field. use this instead

Code:
    readonly="readonly"

once that is done

you can make it

Code:
    type="hidden"
    just remember to take out the text
    Username:

k

Last edited by nextlevelgaming on September 20th 2012, 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Post by DustyBones September 20th 2012, 9:56 pm

nextlevelgaming wrote:ok i see what was the issue, I used wrong variable inside the input field. use this instead

Code:
    readonly="readonly"

Use this instead of what? And where in the string of code should this go?
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 9:59 pm

inside the input of username here

Code:
    <input id="username" class="post" type="hidden" tabindex="1" size="25" value="ADMINS NAME" name="username[]" readonly="readonly">
    DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Post by DustyBones September 20th 2012, 10:07 pm

nextlevelgaming wrote:inside the input of username here

Code:
    <input id="username" class="post" type="hidden" tabindex="1" size="25" value="ADMINS NAME" name="username[]" readonly="readonly">

That worked! Form to send PM's? 2555912552

Thanks a million. Form to send PM's? 115684958
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 20th 2012, 10:59 pm

Can you give me the full code for the hidden username so that I can just edit which name I want in?
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 11:16 pm

I did its right above you hogwarts
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 20th 2012, 11:36 pm

Right but can you give me the full code in one post so that all I have to do is just edit the name for who it's sent to?
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 20th 2012, 11:45 pm

Oh so you want me to do the work bwi

lol kidding Wink

Code:
    <form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="post" method="post" action="/privmsg">
    <input id="username" class="post" type="hidden" tabindex="1" size="25" value="THEUSERNAME YOU WANT HERE" name="username[]">
    </form>

there ya go
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 21st 2012, 12:14 am

What's this supposed to mean?
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember

Post by nextlevelgaming September 21st 2012, 12:44 am

Code:
    <input id="username" class="post" type="hidden" tabindex="1" size="25" value="CHANGE THIS" name="username[]" readonly="readonly"style="margin:1px 0"><br />
    Message<span class="obligatory">*</span>:<br />
    </form>

this is code, i have on my site it works,i copied last one from LG. you have to go to ACP>GENERAL>SECURITY >Unauthorize unofficial forms ... : NO

and itll work
    HogwartsAcademy
    Forumember

Post by HogwartsAcademy September 21st 2012, 1:06 am

You're right! It Worked!! Thanks!
    nextlevelgaming
    nextlevelgaming
    Forumember