Is there any way to disable the verification code(captcha) on the contact form? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Is there any way to disable the verification code(captcha) on the contact form?

Solved Is there any way to disable the verification code(captcha) on the contact form?

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep - 3:30

I have disabled the captcha or verification code in the registration form on my forum. Using the settings in the admin control panel. So that new members who register on my forum just fill out the registration form but do not have to enter any verification code(captcha.) Because a lot of people find it difficult to read captcha. So that's why I have disabled it.

But I have found that there is no settings to disable the verification code in the contact form on my forum. And I would very much like to do this. So is there any way, for example, any html or css code that would disable the verification code on the contact form? Or is this not possible?

The contact form is very useful but I want to remove the captcha or verification code the same as I have done in the registration form. So is there any way to do this? Andrea Borman.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
    Language : English

Solved Re: Is there any way to disable the verification code(captcha) on the contact form?

Post by Sanket Thu 20 Sep - 10:22

I don't think so.

Solved Re: Is there any way to disable the verification code(captcha) on the contact form?

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep - 3:30

Thank you for your reply. Well it is possible to create your own contact forum using contact form builder websites like 123 Contact Form or Email Me Form. Which enables you to create a contact form for your website of forum.And you can create one without captcha. You just create the contact form and paste the html code on your website.

So for it to work on the forum,I think I would have to create a html page then paste the html code onto it. But the problem is that although this would work,the logo for the website 123 Contact Form and Email Me Form shows on the bottom of the form. And I don't know if we are allowed to create our own contact forms and add them to our forums. Are we allowed to?

And also on both of those sites I mentioned is that you are only allowed to create 5 contact free contact forms a month. Unless you upgrade to a paid account.

Another alternative is to create a contact form using Google Docs which is free to use. And there is no limit to how many forms you can create.

But I also saw another thread here on this forum on how to create an email form here-[url]https://help.forumotion.com/t37709-contact-form?

Maybe this could be the solution and easiest way for me and other forum admins who want to create a more custom contact form. I did try this but it does not give you the Contact Us header.But I suppose we could add html for that and bold text for the header.And the contact form in the tutorial, did not have captcha. Which is fine for me as I don't want captcha.

So what is the best solution? Andrea Borman.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Fri 21 Sep - 5:45

Yes you can use third party sites to make the contact form. They might have the captcha, as they might want to avoid spam.

About google docs, its upto you whether you want to use or not.

About the tutorial posted, you can use that as well.

I would say of the three options if google offers it, use that.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep - 7:31

Well the two sites I mentioned give you the option to create the contact forms without the captcha. So if you don't want the captcha you select no captcha in the settings.But with a free account you are limited to 5 forms a month. So even if you have created,say 4 forms and deleted them.It will still count as being over the limit.

But with Google Docs there is no limit.And no captcha. But I found there were few customisation options. And also the form did not work.The same thing happened when I tested the contact form from the tutorial.

The contact form provided by you for our forms works. But you cannot disable the verification code. That's the disadvantage of it.

But one other thing I could do is to create a post on the forum,saying that if anyone wishes to contact the forum. They can do so and provide one of my email address on the page. And then guests or members can just email me.And some forums do have an email address for the forum. But of course I would not give out the same email address that I created my forum with. I give out another of my email addresses,not connected with my forum account.

Or I could disable the contact form and not have it. Some people say that a contact forum,even ones with capture or random question as extra security,can still attract spam messages. As is true of providing an email address. Andrea Borman.

Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Fri 21 Sep - 7:40

Yes, giving them a email address is the best way to go to avoid captcha.

However, google for some more free forms & check if they don't have any limits.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep - 8:03

So I would not be risking the security of my forum or my admin account by giving out one of my email address as a point of contact to guests? As long as it is not the same email address I used to register on my forum with? Andrea Borman.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Fri 21 Sep - 8:05

Yes, just create a new address specifically for the users to contact you. So that your personal email address is not spammed with numerous unwanted emails.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep - 8:22

Well I do have other email accounts. So I will just use another email address not connected with the forum. And I noticed that this forum does not have a contact form either.And I noticed that some other forums disabled the contact form. So it is probably just an extra option. And not something that is essential.

The contact form or the option to email me as a point of contact. Was because maybe some people might want to ask questions before joining the forum Or if I had to ban a member,the banned member might want a more detailed explanation why they were banned.

But then again,if people are interested in the forum,they will join it. And if a member is banned,well,he or she knows why they were banned. And others may abuse the contact form which is probably why a lot of forums do not have it.And form members can PM me or the other admins anyway. Andrea Borman.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Fri 21 Sep - 8:40

We have a contact form.

General>Messages and Emails>emails & contact form
    Contact form
    Activate :Yes

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep - 9:38

Yes that's the one I was referring to. But you cannot disable the captcha on it. But maybe that option could be added in the future? Andrea Borman.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Fri 21 Sep - 9:50

Well, i don't think it will be removed. Its a anti Spam Feature.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep - 12:56

So I think the solution for other forum admins like me who don't want captcha on the contact form. Is to either make their own form using one of the form builder websites. Which lets you disable captcha in your form. Or write a post or page advising guests/members that they can contact the admin via one of their email addresses. And provide an email address in the post. Andrea Borman.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy Fri 21 Sep - 14:03

Since this was marked solved...

Topic Solved & Locked