The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Tutorial is wrong

E-Mad™
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Tutorial is wrong

Post by E-Mad™ Wed 26 Sep 2012 - 18:41

I was looking over some of the posts I have made while I have been a member here and noticed one I made about traffic flow to my forum, I was going over following all the instructions and got only so far.

The tutorial I was going over is: https://help.forumotion.com/t9488-google-webmaster-tools

I got to this part of it and did what I could but it's still saying google cannot verify my site?

"Come back to the admin panel of your board>>>Display>>>Homepage>>>General. You will see a box for meta tags. Your google meta tag MUST go in the top of this box at the very start or it wont work. Add the meta tag and save."

I don't see anything remotely related to the part I have highlighted. Any help out there?

Any Admin or regular member that can help me out can find my forum at: http://click-n-chat.com

Last edited by #1Chat-Xcite on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 3:32; edited 1 time in total
    E-Mad™
    Forumember

Solved Re: Tutorial is wrong

Post by E-Mad™ Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 3:26

Well that's what I thought so that's where I put the code and it's still not verifying my site. I'm confused.
    patiogardener
    patiogardener
    Forumember

Female Posts : 351

Post by patiogardener Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 4:57

Don't worry about Google not "verifying" your site for traffic flow, as I always received the same message whenever I tried to do the same thing with my forum. I gave up trying & within a short space of time the Google bots found my forum. Now they have taken up almost permanent residency in my forum. The same with Bing, MSN, Amazon, Baidu, Yandex, etc bots. My forum can now be found fairly easily in Google searches.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 17:09

Hello,

Is this solved? Smile

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 18:43