The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Email Advice

Bibi75

Language : English

Solved Email Advice

Post by Bibi75 November 21st 2012, 4:04 pm

I would like to know if there is a way members can use the same email for more than one character. I run a rpg story base forum and sometimes we have folks using multiple characters but find themselves having to create many emails just to accomplish this.

-Can this be fixed so that they can use the same email address?
    -Where do I change this option?

Thank you in advance.
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 6980
    Language : EN, FR, ES

Solved Re: Email Advice

Post by Sir Chivas™ November 21st 2012, 4:55 pm

Hi,

Quick thing, do you have the option of whenever creating an account (when registering), they have to go throughout their e-mail to activate the account? If so, please change the settings via Admin Panel. Do the following steps listed below:

1. Once you're inside the Admin Panel, go to Users & Groups.
    2. Then, click on users options.
    3. Change the setting of the New accounts activation : to automatic activation. That will stop that, they will be able to use any random e-mail without creating new ones.
    Bibi75

Post by Bibi75 November 21st 2012, 5:13 pm

I did and it's telling me the email is being used.

I am trying to create a character for me and I think because of being admin and using the email is not letting me. Advice?
    Assassin_1
    Assassin_1
    Forumember

Male Posts : 84

Post by Assassin_1 November 21st 2012, 5:44 pm

:wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou:
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray November 21st 2012, 9:28 pm

Assassin_1 wrote: :wouhou:

These types of posts are not allowed on the support forum. Since you are on the One-Strike Rule, you have been banned from the support forum.

same email adress - Email Advice Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Bibi75

Post by Bibi75 November 23rd 2012, 3:37 am

Figured it out thanks for the help guys
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray November 23rd 2012, 4:01 am

Topic Solved & Locked

same email adress - Email Advice Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 8:34 pm