The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Desperately looking for advice.

Cloud_Nine987

Language : English

In progress Desperately looking for advice.

Post by Cloud_Nine987 30/7/2014, 05:12

Hi, I'm not sure if this goes here, but I'm seriously concerned for the safety of my 3 year old forum. Let me explain.

A while back, we switched hosts to ProBoards. All was well there for almost a year, until suddenly, an unknown person hacked and deleted everything. Everything. This is where Forumotion comes back into play. Because ProBoards didn't have backups, we moved back to this host and opened up again. However, after some investigation, I realized the hackers were somehow phishing by distributing bad links. I didn't click any of them.

Just today, I was locked out of my email. I hadn't clicked any suspicious links or went to any suspicious sites. Now, I'm afraid for the safety of the forum. What if my forum password, which I now change almost daily, is phished? How can I get these hackers to stop (I have no contact with them whatsoever and don't even know their identity)? Again, I apologize if this isn't in the right section, but I'm really looking for insight here, and I have no idea where to go from here. Thanks for reading.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

In progress Re: Desperately looking for advice.

Post by SLGray 30/7/2014, 06:02

Desperately looking for advice. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Dtan88

Language : english

Post by Dtan88 30/7/2014, 20:08

Hi I really need advise on how solve my "suspicious activities" issue on the forum that I use everyday.....pls help.
    Dtan88

Language : english

Post by Dtan88 30/7/2014, 20:15

I have follow all the instruction like remove all the cookies and how to get me unblock but all have being in vain......really need help.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray 31/7/2014, 01:17

Dtan88 wrote:Hi I really need advise on how solve my "suspicious activities" issue on the forum that I use everyday.....pls help.

Dtan88 wrote:I have follow all the instruction like remove all the cookies and how to get me unblock but all have being in vain......really need help.
    Please do not hijack someone else topic which is not even related to your issue.  Start your own topic about your issue.

Desperately looking for advice. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is 23/9/2024, 03:23