How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+3
Kaizer Lee
perfectSTORM!
abc92109
7 posters

How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

abc92109

Language : English

In progress How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

Post by abc92109 December 27th 2012, 11:41 pm

OKAY SO! I want to know how to make the moderators usernames visible in each section that they moderate where it says "Moderator" RIGHT NOW this is what it looks like. How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? IB3c

That is what it looks like for each section, all it says is the group of moderators that are allowed to moderate the forum, however it does not say the moderators usernames. I've tried making each moderator their own group given the permissions of their mdoerator group but then all of the usernames showed up in the front page legend. All I want are the moderators usernames to show up under the forums that they moderate in the Moderator: section. This is what I WANT it to look like. How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? IB3u

AND ALSO, how do I get this off of my forum tab? How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? IB3A the Free Forum: sadasd

Or atleast the sadasd part, Ive looked everywhere in my adnimistrator panel but couldnt find it, I obviously put in random letters SOMEWHERE but dont know where and this is my forum http://badgeforum.forumotion.com/
    perfectSTORM!
    perfectSTORM!
    Forumember

Male Posts : 328
    Language : English | Spanish [1] | HTML

In progress Re: How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

Post by perfectSTORM! December 27th 2012, 11:47 pm

For the second part.. Tab

ACP>> General >>Forum Promotion >> Search Engines
    abc92109

In progress Re: How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

Post by abc92109 December 28th 2012, 5:21 am

Thank you that fixed the second part c8
    Kaizer Lee
    Kaizer Lee
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
    Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese

Post by Kaizer Lee December 28th 2012, 9:42 am

Sorry, but if you change that, it would apply for all forums, unless you specify a topic with that moderator's name Smile.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket December 28th 2012, 6:03 pm

Users & groups>Search Users
    Click on the username
    Permissions tab
    Choose Is Moderator for whichever forum.
    Save.
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 6983
    Language : EN, FR, ES

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 28th 2012, 6:16 pm

Let me add to Sanket's post, by doing that it will only add the group shown as the moderators, I'm sure that you want the usernames, so you'll have to go through all the moderators and change/click their permission via PM to "Is moderator," in order for it to show usernames only.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket December 28th 2012, 6:33 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Let me add to Sanket's post, by doing that it will only add the group shown as the moderators, I'm sure that you want the usernames, so you'll have to go through all the moderators and change/click their permission via PM to "Is moderator," in order for it to show usernames only.
    Nopes, the way i suggested adds the username which you searched for. It won't add any group.
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 28th 2012, 6:37 pm

Sanket wrote:
    Sir Chivas™️ wrote:Let me add to Sanket's post, by doing that it will only add the group shown as the moderators, I'm sure that you want the usernames, so you'll have to go through all the moderators and change/click their permission via PM to "Is moderator," in order for it to show usernames only.
    Nopes, the way i suggested adds the username which you searched for. It won't add any group.

Oh, I'm sorry, but there's times where it just adds Usergroups and not the Usernames themselves. So, if that happens, you'll have to do the following as I mentioned above. You can be right, but has happen to me multiple of times. Wink
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket December 28th 2012, 6:41 pm

Yes, if the group appears you can do this to remove it.
    Users & groups>Group administration
    Click on modify corresponding to that group
    Permissions tab
    Uncheck Is Moderator
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 28th 2012, 7:01 pm

Found an easier way, amazing bro! Wink
    I'll keep that in mind, I'm out of this topic now. +1
    PurpleTears
    Forumember

Language : english

Post by PurpleTears December 29th 2012, 3:56 am

ok so i got the name to show up in section but, it also shows admin and owner.. i only want the mod to show
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket December 29th 2012, 9:22 am

Sanket wrote:Yes, if the group appears you can do this to remove it.
    Permissions tab
    Uncheck Is Moderator
    This should help.
    Mike
    Mike
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
    Language : English, HTML, CSS

Post by Mike December 29th 2012, 4:01 pm

Display -> Homepage -> Structures and Heirarchy -> Heirarchy -> Display forum moderators :
    Yes No
    PurpleTears
    Forumember

Language : english

Post by PurpleTears December 30th 2012, 9:36 pm

Sanket wrote:
    Sanket wrote:Yes, if the group appears you can do this to remove it.
    Permissions tab
    Uncheck Is Moderator
    This should help.

ok got it i had to go into each of my admins permissions and remove mod
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket December 31st 2012, 5:24 am

abc92109, is this solved for you?