Can't connect to Forum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Can't connect to Forum

Dave.cyco
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Can't connect to Forum

Post by Dave.cyco January 9th 2013, 2:55 am

My forum is physicalculture.canadian-forum.com.

For some reason ever since last night I cannot connect to it after a few minutes of browsing. I receive either a blank screen or a message as follows:

No data received
    Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Can't connect to Forum Error_10

Happens on all six of my browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Netscape Navigator).

Chrome is my default browser, so I clear the cache and restart the browser and it works again - BUT FOR ONLY A FEW MINUTES; It randomly stops responding after a short bit of browsing or answering a few threads.

So I clear the cache again and it works again. I do not want to have to clear my browser cache every ten minutes just to browse my forum.

No other members have reported experiencing this issue.

Extra info: Since I noticed the problem yesterday I have done both a Malware (MBAM) and an Antivirus (AVAST!) scan. Neither reported any problems. The only extension I am running on Chrome is AdBlock Plus.

Please help.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Solved Re: Can't connect to Forum

Post by Jophy January 9th 2013, 3:02 am

Hello,

I can open the forum. Is this only happening when you visit your forum or a Forumotion forum? How about other sites such as Google and the likes? Have you tried restarting your modem as well your computer?
    Dave.cyco
    Forumember

Post by Dave.cyco January 9th 2013, 3:07 am

Jophy, thank you for the quick reply.

The issue only happens on my forum and none of the users have reported problems. And strangely enough the last time it happened (a few minutes ago) I decided to wait without clearing cache data and it seemed to come back on its own, and then lost connectivity again - so I do not understand what could possibly be causing the problem.

I will not consider this solved until the forum behaves as it did before, without any connection errors. If you have any ideas I have not tried already I would be happy to hear them.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket January 9th 2013, 5:20 am

Dave.cyco
    Forumember

Post by Dave.cyco January 9th 2013, 6:44 am

I have not yet tried all the solutions on that page, but thank you for the link. I will report back once I know more.

But a warning is in order: The winsock download that they are recommending contains a brutal adware called "coupondropdown" which is very hard to get rid of. I know because I had to deal with it once. Just FYI to anyone reading this.

Alright, give me some time to try out a few more things.

EDIT: I ran an alternate copy of winsockfix that doesn't have stupid adware attached but it did not work. Stand by.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket January 9th 2013, 8:36 am

Not really sure, if those things are going to work. But, you can always try it at your own risk.
    Dave.cyco
    Forumember

Post by Dave.cyco January 10th 2013, 10:21 am

I didn't want to say anything last night, because I wanted to be sure. But after I rebooted my computer following the EDIT above, I tried to access the forum and it gave me the same error. I did some non-related work for a few minutes and then tried again and it did work this time. I have not had the problem since.

So it seems like downloading and running winsockfix has solved the problem, albeit in a delayed sort of way. I do not want to be liable for providing a download link - if anyone needs it, download it form somewhere you trust and run your malware checkers on it - and make sure it does not include coupondropdown, that thing is utter madness to try and get rid of.

Thanks for the consultation Jophy and Sanket.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket January 10th 2013, 1:38 pm

Appreciate you posting a solution. Wink
    Topic Solved & Locked