I got problem to split topics Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

I got problem to split topics

agjga

Language : English

In progress I got problem to split topics

Post by agjga January 9th 2013, 5:30 pm

Hi all,

I made my forum and the only problem is to split topics.

i put new topics and split with 'quick mod tools'

and then write down new topic's title, select a target forum and click 'split selected posts'.

but after then, the administration page only refreshed, and nothing changed, even do not show new topic.

I cannot understand how 'split' works, or misunderstand what it means. I just want to copy the post to another category.

I read "Guide to mod tools" on FAQ forum, but cannot understand this problem. THANKS for read, and plz help me for this.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

In progress Re: I got problem to split topics

Post by Sanket January 9th 2013, 6:10 pm

Splitting means, you can just split the selected posts into another thread on the forum that you selected.

The splitted posts can be viewed by going into that specific forum & please make sure you check it according to the times.
    Tyson

Male Posts : 1

In progress Re: I got problem to split topics

Post by Tyson January 9th 2013, 10:27 pm

I had the same problem but it was a misunderstanding between post and topic on my part. I had a topic with one post in it and was trying to split the post and move part of it to another area.

However, once I added another post I saw how you can select each post you want to split and then I understood how it's supposed to work.

If you're trying to split a post in half like I was it won't work. Just create a new post and copy and paste from the first one.