Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat.

Doktoroktopus
    Forumember

Language : English

Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat. Empty Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat.

Post by Doktoroktopus March 2nd 2013, 3:19 am

Okay, I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

I turned on Javascript to edit the navigational bar.

I found out when JS is on, it messes with the mobile site, so I turned it off.

Now, in order to have AVAC chat box in my site, which makes the simple chat client seem PREHISTORIC, I need to turn Javascript on. But I shouldn't have to sacrifice my mobile site version for a couple more classic version features.

I need help with these two issues:

1) Javascript on without effecting the mobile version

2) The AvacWeb Chat looks miserable on the mobile site. It scrambles all the text, blocks the forum and it's very hard to type and use its functionality. How can I fix this?

I'm begging mobile site experts, please, there must be a way around this. My forum is on the verge of a very important break through and I really need it to be perfect.

Thank you so much.
    Cassius Dio
    Cassius Dio
    Forumember

Male Posts : 581
    Language : Romanian &English

Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat. Empty Re: Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat.

Post by Cassius Dio March 2nd 2013, 10:50 am

Hi!

I'm afraid this wouldn't be possible for the mobile version. Mobiles' browsers can't read all the JavaScript, CSS or HTML codes, what is causing your problem. Sad
    Doktoroktopus
    Forumember

Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat. Empty Re: Huge Mobile Blunder - requesting mobile expert to help with java script and AVAC chat.

Post by Doktoroktopus March 2nd 2013, 6:56 pm

SGSS wrote:Hi!

I'm afraid this wouldn't be possible for the mobile version. Mobiles' browsers can't read all the JavaScript, CSS or HTML codes, what is causing your problem. Sad

They read the CSS and HTML codes just fine, it's just the JS that mobile browsers have an issue with.

Then there must be a way to at least allow mobile users to switch to the classic version. With JS on, the ability to log in and out and switch between mobile and classic versions doesn't appear any more, and that's unacceptable.

EDIT: So the Navigational Bar on the mobile site only disappears when you've edited the nav. bar in Javascript. You can take away your edits for the nav bar on JS and you'll get the log in and log out functions back on the mobile site.

However, this doesn't correct the chat box on the mobile site...?
    LGforum
    LGforum
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Post by LGforum March 4th 2013, 11:11 am

Since avacweb chat runs in the mobile site, I'll be adding a mini update to prevent it running in the mobile site - until the future where I'll make a bigger update where it will be much more usable for mobile users.