Toolbar Notification Question Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Toolbar Notification Question

LostLegend
    LostLegend
    Forumember

Language : English

In progress Toolbar Notification Question

Post by LostLegend March 17th 2013, 8:46 pm

My members are wondering whether the notifications in the toolbar can be disabled for certain forums (such as forum games). Is this possible?
    Ina
    Ina
    Forumember

Female Posts : 435
    Language : All in one

In progress Re: Toolbar Notification Question

Post by Ina March 20th 2013, 1:47 pm

The notifications menu can't be removed from the toolbar, but the users can uncheck the notifications they don't want to receive from their own profiles.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Post by runawayhorses March 21st 2013, 4:00 am

LostLegend wrote:My members are wondering whether the notifications in the toolbar can be disabled for certain forums (such as forum games). Is this possible?
    Not at the moment there isn't an option to disable notifications from a particular forum, however your members can choose not to receive notifications from particular topics by clicking the "stop watching this topic" link in the topic. Alternatively they can also choose to stop receiving notifications in all the topics in there notifications settings by un-ticking Receive a notification for : "A new post in a watched topic", but to answer your question there isn''t a setting yet to stop all notifications from a particular forum section such as "forum games".
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51520

Post by SLGray March 21st 2013, 5:13 am

I believe there should be a stop watching forum link at the bottom right of a forum.

For an example on the support forum:
    Scripts Problems forum
    Mark All Topics Read | Stop Watching Forum (bottom right)

Toolbar Notification Question Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri March 21st 2013, 8:23 am

SLGray wrote:I believe there should be a stop watching forum link at the bottom right of a forum.

For an example on the support forum:
    Scripts Problems forum
    Mark All Topics Read | Stop Watching Forum (bottom right)

I might be wrong but isn't that just for new threads being created in that forum? Not stopping watching the topics you replied too?

My advice since I don't think its entierly possible would be to have them disable email notifications in their profile and just select individual topics they want to watch and receive email information for.

For along time I did this on the support forum because I was getting emails from a threads I only ever made one post from. So I disabled all email notifications and just selected threads individually.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Post by runawayhorses March 21st 2013, 9:08 am

No I don't think it would be for new threads created because you don't get notifications for all new threads anyway, you have to reply or create a thread to start getting notifications, so it would be to stop watching all topics (threads) in that forum.

Actually I think SLGray might be right that seems like it would work, I totally forgot about that link I've never used it.