HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed

DossettH
    DossettH

Language : English

HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed Empty HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed

Post by DossettH March 27th 2013, 7:12 pm

Hello, I am currently making an Html login page for my forum. The problem is when your login attempt fails it redirects to the forum login failed page: "/login.forum"
    Is there a way to make it when your login fails it goes to another Html page?
    Thanks in advance!
    Neymar1
    Neymar1
    Forumember

Male Posts : 406
    Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed Empty Re: HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed

Post by Neymar1 March 28th 2013, 10:19 pm

Well all the stuff regarding the form is dealt with on the /login.form page, probably including the redirect stuff. I wouldn't take this message as an absolute "no" though, as I'm not sure.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed Empty Re: HTML Page Login Form redirect to another Html Page when failed

Post by kirk March 29th 2013, 1:49 am

what is the coding you are using to place this on a html page. and what about when the log in is a success, then what it opens/redirects to the forum homepage index.

I would have to see what the html page is all about. is there more then just a log-in on the page, and where exactly would it be redirected if log in attempt did fail?
    DossettH
    DossettH

Post by DossettH March 29th 2013, 2:02 am

Well the coding for login form derives from this:
    Javascript:
    Code:
      function LGlogin() {
              var x = document.getElementById('LGlogin'); 
              if (x.style.display == 'none') {
                  jQuery(x).add('#LGoverlay').fadeIn('slow');
                  var r = x.getElementsByTagName('form')[0].redirect;
                  r.value = window.location.href;
              }
              else {
                  jQuery(x).add('#LGoverlay').fadeOut('slow');
              }
            }
            jQuery(function(){ if(document.getElementById('logout')) document.getElementById('LGloginbtn').style.display = 'none'; });
    HTML:
    Code:
    <form action="/login.forum" method="post">
        <ul>
          <strong><label for="username" style="color: #000000;"></label></strong>
          <input type="text" name="username" size="25" style="color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 2px inset #540f0a;" placeholder="Username" />
          <strong><label for="password"  style="color: #000000;"></label></strong>
          <input type="password" name="password" size="25" style="color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 2px inset #540f0a;" placeholder="Password" />
        <input type="image" class="login-submit" name="login" value="Log in" src="http://i.imgur.com/mfrtMAF.png" style="position: absolute; left: -9999px" />
        <input name="redirect" type="hidden" value="">
      </form>
    And when the login would fail it would go to another html page, and when it would be a success it would be directed as a normal login function and take me to the forum.
    HTML Page Login: http://crazedoutsiders.niceboard.com/
    Other HTML Page Login Fail: http://crazedoutsiders.niceboard.com/h7-access-denied
    DossettH
    DossettH

Post by DossettH March 29th 2013, 3:35 pm

bump.
    DossettH
    DossettH

Post by DossettH April 1st 2013, 3:41 am

bump
    DossettH
    DossettH

Post by DossettH April 5th 2013, 2:40 am

bump
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk April 5th 2013, 5:54 am

Sorry for the late reply. in the future if you do not get a reply by a staff member like myself feel free to send me a pm and remind me of the thread/problem Smile

i cant really see anywhere to add a new/redirect link so i am unsure.
    I don't really understand why a log in would fail anyway unless someone was not a member, or putting wrong username and pass in?

So yeah i am not really sure how to set this to redirect to a different link with a log in fail?
    DossettH
    DossettH

Post by DossettH April 5th 2013, 5:57 am

Oh ok thanks for the reply anyway. I'll see if there is something else I can do.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk April 5th 2013, 6:49 pm

Since i answered all i can and no one else seems to know as well at this time. o will move the thread to the garbage considering it was really not solved. If someone else dose know how to complete this please message me and i will add it back t the board here.

Thanx