How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

Language : English

Solved How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 Thu 16 May 2013 - 0:48

Hello. I am the admin of Di Gi Charat Forums (http://digicharat.forumotion.com/) and someone made a new account on the 6th. They didn't post anything until today, and I go on their introduction post and see that it's just spam for DISH network. I banned them, and then noticed the made another account under a similar email address. Is there a way I can make sure no one makes multiple accounts no matter what? Is it at all possible to prevent someone from doing so with their IP?

I locked & moved all their threads here:

http://digicharat.forumotion.com/f14-trashed-threads

Their "intro" post was the only one I replied too.

Here are their accounts:

http://digicharat.forumotion.com/u15
    http://digicharat.forumotion.com/u16

EDIT: They also have A LOT of IPs:

How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address Nquir

EDIT 2: I also banned both their usernames and emails, and all 6 of their IPs.

Last edited by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on Thu 16 May 2013 - 1:40; edited 1 time in total
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Solved Re: How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address

Post by Derri Thu 16 May 2013 - 1:28

You could be the email addresses and IPs under the ban control option in the ACP.

To go here ACP --> Users and Groups --> Ban Control --> Navigate the various tabs depending on what you want to do.

I'd recommend banning the emails and IP addresses.
    TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

Solved Re: How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 Thu 16 May 2013 - 1:29

Derri wrote:You could be the email addresses and IPs under the ban control option in the ACP.

To go here ACP --> Users and Groups --> Ban Control --> Navigate the various tabs depending on what you want to do.

I'd recommend banning the emails and IP addresses.

I've already banned every username, IP, and email they had. I'll report to this thread if they return again.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri Thu 16 May 2013 - 1:30

Its all you really can do I'm afraid.

My only suggestion would be continue to ban them and delete or move there threads wherever and act like it doesn't bother you and they'll eventually give up.

JennyorAlice
    JennyorAlice
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
    Language : U. S. English

Post by JennyorAlice Thu 16 May 2013 - 1:35

Just click on your admin panel, click on the 'Users & Groups' tab and then click on 'Users Options' under 'Users' on the left side of your screen. In the middle of the screen, next to 'New accounts activation', check the admin option. This will allow the admin of the forum to activate an account rather than the user activating it themselves.
    TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 Thu 16 May 2013 - 1:38

Bazinga! wrote:Just click on your admin panel, click on the 'Users & Groups' tab and then click on 'Users Options' under 'Users' on the left side of your screen. In the middle of the screen, next to 'New accounts activation', check the admin option. This will allow the admin of the forum to activate an account rather than the user activating it themselves.

Thanks.
    JennyorAlice
    JennyorAlice
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
    Language : U. S. English

Post by JennyorAlice Thu 16 May 2013 - 3:03

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:
    Bazinga! wrote:Just click on your admin panel, click on the 'Users & Groups' tab and then click on 'Users Options' under 'Users' on the left side of your screen. In the middle of the screen, next to 'New accounts activation', check the admin option. This will allow the admin of the forum to activate an account rather than the user activating it themselves.

Thanks.

No problem. Hope that helped you out.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556

Post by SLGray Thu 16 May 2013 - 4:57

Topic Solved & Locked

How do I make sure people cannot make multiple accounts/someone has more than one IP address Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.