Want to Get Dofollow Link. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Want to Get Dofollow Link.

prashantadmin

Language : English

In progress Want to Get Dofollow Link.

Post by prashantadmin August 5th 2013, 1:10 pm

Hi friends, I am running a free forum and I want that all external link of my and my member post has become dofollow. Currently all external link in my forum is by default Nofollow. Please suggest me how can I me external link Dofollow.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

In progress Re: Want to Get Dofollow Link.

Post by runawayhorses August 5th 2013, 6:49 pm

Go to AP>>General>>Security>>

On that page scroll down where you see "Disable external links to guests in messages" and select "No" and save your settings. That will allow search engines (which are classified as guests) to scan the links.

Be forewarned that by allowing search engines to scan links that are available to guests could result in your forum being taken out of search engine results if it finds a link to a malicious website. So that means you should check every link that is posted to make sure its not malicious to ensure it stays in search engines.

The footer links are follow by default, you have to change those manually to make them nofollow.
    prashantadmin

In progress Dofollow Link

Post by prashantadmin August 7th 2013, 8:18 am

runawayhorses wrote:Go to AP>>General>>Security>>

On that page scroll down where you see "Disable external links to guests in messages" and select "No" and save your settings. That will allow search engines (which are classified as guests) to scan the links.

Be forewarned that by allowing search engines to scan links that are available to guests could result in your forum being taken out of search engine results if it finds a link to a malicious website. So that means you should check every link that is posted to make sure its not malicious to ensure it stays in search engines.

The footer links are follow by default, you have to change those manually to make them nofollow.

You are not understand my question correctly Dear.

My questions is that when any member of my forum create a thread or answer a thread and put his signature or link on that post. His signature link shown as Nofollow by deafult. I want that signature will make Dofollow link.

For example....
    This is a post on my forum http://marketing.betaboard.net/t4-which-are-the-best-travel-destination-in-asia

On this post a member Aaston reply a tread and put a signature link below. This signature link is by default nofollow( script is <a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="Site URL">Malaysia Travel Agency</a>).

I want that link makes Dofollow. 
    If you have any script related this please give the code.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Post by runawayhorses August 7th 2013, 2:02 pm

Never seen or experienced your problem, sorry I can't help you.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556

Post by SLGray August 7th 2013, 5:04 pm

Why would you want links to close your forum? I think it would be better to keep your forum open when you press a link to another site.

Want to Get Dofollow Link. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Post by runawayhorses August 7th 2013, 6:44 pm

Slg it has to do with hyperlinks and search engines. A link written with "nofollow" tags tells search engines to ignore the link. A "dofollow" is the default and usual way a search engine will treat a link unless its told otherwise.

This user seems to be suggesting that when a member adds a signature their forum with the hyperlink they have in it the forum is adding "nofollow" tags. I never seen a forum do that before, mine doesn't do it, it adds exactly what you put in the signature nothing more nothing less.

If they are talking about something else then their use of the words "Nofollow" and "Dofollow" is not correct and I am without a clue what they are talking about. However I do know about "dofollow" and "nofollow" hyperlinks.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk August 9th 2013, 10:09 pm

Yeah i am not following what he means ?
    Prashantadmin can you post the code to one of the sigs you are talking about, also provide and other links or screen shots that will better help us understand what you mean.

I guess if they are using this code then the site url needs to be where i have it marked. SITE URL HERE
    Code:
    <a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="SITE URL HERE">Malaysia Travel Agency</a>
    But the link clicks to it fine. so really not sure what you mean. It seems rather spammy to me. please explain more

Thanx