The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Search engine problem

bdh

Language : english

In progress Search engine problem

Post by bdh Sat 14 Sep - 8:56

This is completely unacceptable. I'm sorry to say that I will be moving my site to a new host and will never use these services again. 

I used my own money, to pay for the credits, to buy a domain name. I sent a PM to staff members almost a month ago about wanting to transfer my domain to anew host.

Needless to say I got the run around. Kept having to send PMs to 1 staff member, so they could try to get a hold of another staff member to fulfill my request. I would get told in each PM that the staff member I was actually talking to, would PM me back when he heard something from the other staff member. Well days would go by and I would always have to send him another PM asking for an update.

Finally almost a month later, I get a PM back. What does it say?

"Your request was for?"

Are you kidding me? This is completely ridiculous. I paid for that domain but I apparently have no control over it. 

Due to the lack of actual support, I will never come back to this hosting option. I'm sorry for being rude but taking almost 1 month to transfer a URL that I paid for is completely unacceptable.

In progress Re: Search engine problem

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep - 14:06

So what problems are you having on your forum? Is there anything we can help you with?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray Mon 16 Sep - 1:24

Sorry that you feel that this is unacceptable. Please resend the information to Buttercup. Please explain in full detail the situation as Buttercup has just started as the Pro Admin.

Search engine problem  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow Mon 16 Sep - 16:18

bdh wrote:This is completely unacceptable. I'm sorry to say that I will be moving my site to a new host and will never use these services again. 

I used my own money, to pay for the credits, to buy a domain name. I sent a PM to staff members almost a month ago about wanting to transfer my domain to anew host.

Needless to say I got the run around. Kept having to send PMs to 1 staff member, so they could try to get a hold of another staff member to fulfill my request. I would get told in each PM that the staff member I was actually talking to, would PM me back when he heard something from the other staff member. Well days would go by and I would always have to send him another PM asking for an update.

Finally almost a month later, I get a PM back. What does it say?

"Your request was for?"

Are you kidding me? This is completely ridiculous. I paid for that domain but I apparently have no control over it. 

Due to the lack of actual support, I will never come back to this hosting option. I'm sorry for being rude but taking almost 1 month to transfer a URL that I paid for is completely unacceptable.
    Please let me know your problem with all the necessary information to solve it.

Best regards

Buttercup

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep - 20:06

bdh wrote:I'm sorry for being rude but taking almost 1 month to transfer a URL that I paid for is completely unacceptable.
    I have been waiting since January to transfer a domain name which was paid through credits. I already have a GoDaddy account. That means the domain can be directly transferred to my account with almost no effort on the part of anyone at Forumotion! Yet after dozens of PMs, first to LeeLoo and then to Sanket, I am still waiting.

In three weeks it will be too late for a transfer and I will permanently lose the domain name! If one month is unacceptable, how do you think I feel?
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by Shadow Wed 18 Sep - 14:40

Phydin wrote:
    bdh wrote:I'm sorry for being rude but taking almost 1 month to transfer a URL that I paid for is completely unacceptable.
    I have been waiting since January to transfer a domain name which was paid through credits. I already have a GoDaddy account. That means the domain can be directly transferred to my account with almost no effort on the part of anyone at Forumotion! Yet after dozens of PMs, first to LeeLoo and then to Sanket, I am still waiting.

In three weeks it will be too late for a transfer and I will permanently lose the domain name! If one month is unacceptable, how do you think I feel?
    Hello
    Please give me the following information:
    - Godaddy account number and email
    - All "Whois" information & info about your forum (URL, foundation email,...)
    - The reason of your transfer

Best regards,

Buttercup

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep - 18:22

I sent this information to you two days ago in a private message. I am sure you receive many private messages, so maybe you missed it! I will send it again.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by Shadow Thu 19 Sep - 10:01

Phydin wrote:I sent this information to you two days ago in a private message. I am sure you receive many private messages, so maybe you missed it! I will send it again.
    Hello Phydin,

I have received your email. We are managing it. 
    So, I am going to close the topic.

Best regards

Buttercup

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep - 15:15