points system Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

points system

kirkby1red
    Forumember

points system Empty points system

Post by kirkby1red February 21st 2008, 3:45 pm

Hello everyone, sorry about this but I have a daft question.

I know there is a points system with the forum, but what is the significance of this? Do the points go towards something, gain you extra things for the forum etc??

Any information on these would be great, thanks
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
    Language : scotch och aye!

points system Empty Re: points system

Post by zinex February 21st 2008, 3:54 pm

i use a reputation system. the idea is that members are awarded reputation points, for taking part in the forum. Being top posting member of the week, topic of the week, signature of the week, hosting a quiz, taking part in any of the groups i have on my board, for referring a new member, there is a lot i award reputation points for. I would suggest going through your forum and seeing what you can offer to your members as a thnk you for them doing something for the forum Wink
    kirkby1red
    Forumember

Post by kirkby1red February 21st 2008, 4:52 pm

zinex wrote:i use a reputation system. the idea is that members are awarded reputation points, for taking part in the forum. Being top posting member of the week, topic of the week, signature of the week, hosting a quiz, taking part in any of the groups i have on my board, for referring a new member, there is a lot i award reputation points for. I would suggest going through your forum and seeing what you can offer to your members as a thnk you for them doing something for the forum Wink

So my forum gains points for being a good member of forumotion, recommending them etc?? At the moment when I go onto the Admin panel I get a Forums Directory section that shows over 3000 points, it is going up steadily.

How does this tie in with posts I have seen about people wanting to buy points so that they can get extra things onto their forums, or getting a domain name? That's the bit I don't understand, because it sounds as if the ponts can be 'spent' on improving my forum but I dont know how/what.

Thanks zinex.
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Post by zinex February 21st 2008, 5:19 pm

oh lol i read you wrong i thought you meant a points system on the forum for members! my mistake sorry!

The points in the admin panel are only for deciding how high up your forum will appear in forumotions directory. They go up and down depending on how many members you have, how active they are, how many posts and topics are.

the points that you can buy are in admin panel, click advanced and you will see the misc tab along the top. You can then click points management and purchase points using paypal or a credit card. The points can then be spent on a pro gallery, domain name, template editing if in version 2, removing adds, all the points management section.
    kirkby1red
    Forumember

Post by kirkby1red February 21st 2008, 6:05 pm

Ah, that clarifies part of it - thanks. Very Happy

Can you now explain why, under Misc, I only get Board statistics or Summary of the Votes as options, no Points Management option at all?

Do you have to earn a certain number of points before that option becomes available?

Appreciate all you time and help.
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Post by zinex February 21st 2008, 6:33 pm

you are definately the creator of the forum? i dont know why its not appearing but i will pass your post onto an admin Wink
    kirkby1red
    Forumember

Post by kirkby1red February 21st 2008, 8:44 pm

Thanks zinex. Jst to clarify, when I go=
    Admin/Misc I get a page entitled TOOLS AND SUPPORT.

On the left hand side of the page is the following, in a box
    =

Statistics

Board Statistics
    Summary of the Votes

Simple
    Advanced - ticked.

On the right hand side of the page is a coloured pie chart with STATISTICS written underneath.

When I click on that, I get all the info on posts, polls, who is online, and access to the Board statistics.

Other than that there is nothing.

I am down as one of two active Admin for the forum (www.tropicalfishfanatics.forumsmotion.com), but did NOT create it. Does that make a difference? The person who created it has left the forum and I have taken over the running of it.

Hope that helps.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow February 22nd 2008, 9:12 am

Hello,

can you give the username of the account you are logged into ?