Group Administration  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Group Administration

runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
    Language : English

Solved Group Administration

Post by runawayhorses Wed 27 Nov - 14:21

I created a new group in "Group Administration" for the purpose so I could add one particular member to it so I could prevent them from posting in a particular forum. The problem is when I go to the forum I want to prevent them from posting in the permissions for that group are greyed out so I can't "untick" the box so they can't post in it. I can't create a group that has less permissions than a regular member does. Anyone know a workaround for this so I can stop a member from posting in a particular forum?

Last edited by runawayhorses on Wed 27 Nov - 16:56; edited 1 time in total
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Solved Re: Group Administration

Post by Sanket Wed 27 Nov - 15:16

First make a new member group with autosubscribe of 0 posts. This way, the default member group becomes a group that is created by you.
    This erases the compulsion of keeping the boxes checked for default member group.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Post by runawayhorses Wed 27 Nov - 15:57

I tried that, and when I created the new group with autosubscribe of 0 posts it added all my members, so I removed everyone but the member I wanted to block posting in a forum. I then went to "Forum Permissions Control" and selected the forum I wanted to change the permissions for, and the only way I could make the box by the group unticked was if I unticked Members. I want the members to be able to post in that forum, just not that group I created, and I can't untick that group from posting unless I untick all the members from posting.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur Wed 27 Nov - 16:34

What Sanket meant by making a group which auto subscribes at 0 posts, is that it should act as the new "Members" group.

See here:
    Group Administration  Captu152

I've taken away the ability to reply to messages from the original members group however, I've given the ability to reply, to my new default members group.

We can then make our group for the naughty members and take their ability to post away. We of course have to remove them from our default members group.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Post by runawayhorses Wed 27 Nov - 16:55

Ok got it now, thanks.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語