The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

email change

Matt23
    Matt23

Male Posts : 17
    Language : English

Solved email change

Post by Matt23 February 17th 2014, 5:12 pm

Ok so I'm posting this because it seems very difficult to change an email around here. Hem 

I requested an email change long ago and nothing.Maybe I did it wrong who knows. Shit 

I figured if I can't get it changed I'll just delete this account and make a new one but guess what .I need to confirm through my old mail. Shocked

What can I do now?

Solved Re: email change

Post by Guest February 17th 2014, 6:51 pm

Hi!

If I understood well, you want to change your email address around here? If you want to change it, go into your Profile and change the email address in the Information tab.

Regards,

Samantha.
    Matt23
    Matt23

Post by Matt23 February 17th 2014, 7:32 pm

Thanks for your input but ,you cannot change your email like that.

Post by Guest February 17th 2014, 7:54 pm

I can alter it in my profile on here. So why can't you? Please, explain. I'm only trying to be helpful.
    Matt23
    Matt23

Post by Matt23 February 17th 2014, 7:59 pm

I know your trying to help and I do appreciate it but can't do it in mine. Smile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray February 17th 2014, 8:01 pm

So you want to change your email on the support forum? Send a pm to Buttercup.

email change Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Matt23
    Matt23

Post by Matt23 February 17th 2014, 8:06 pm

Ok I'm going to send a pm. How long will it take because this  is not the first time I will be sending it.

I'm not trying to be difficult .I'm just need to know how long I should wait before bugging you guys again?

Laughing
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy February 18th 2014, 4:05 am

Hello,

Usually our pro admin is also working on other support forums so it may take time, she will be back later, (8:00 am) French time.

If in case you don't receive a reply within 24 hours, you can send a request again by PM. Wink

Post by Guest February 18th 2014, 6:52 pm

When changing the email address in your profile here, it says: "Your profile has been updated"

A confirmation e-mail was sent to the new e-mail address, to update your e-mail address. Click on the link included in the confirmation e-mail."

So, in other words, you'll  need to confirm your new email first: "A notification email would have been sent to your old email address stating your changes: "Hello,

The account owned by "<YOUR USER ACCOUNT HERE>" has just changed its e-mail address. If you didn't ask it, please change your password as soon as possible.
    The new e-mail must be validated with a link in a message sent to the new one."

So, if you'd go into your new email addresses' inbox, you'll see this kind of email there: "Hello,

The account owned by "<YOUR USER ACCOUNT HERE>" has just changed its e-mail address. Please validate it with the following link: ... ", just press the link to validate your change and you'll be happy! email change Icon_smile

Just confirmed by me, being a forum member, changing the email address....  email change Hello 

Best I can do here, and I'm sure it'll take a burden off of Buttercup's shoulders here. email change Icon_wink

Best regards,

Samantha.
    Matt23
    Matt23

Post by Matt23 February 21st 2014, 9:01 pm

Thank you Buttercup.  cheers
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru