How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event?

kingdonofcoc@gmail.com

Language : English (US)

In progress How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event?

Post by kingdonofcoc@gmail.com April 15th 2014, 1:01 am

How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event?Hi !

Hi, 

I have searched and on this forum and although I have been able to correctly and successfully created a Calendar and an Event on a particular day,  I cannot figure out how to Create a "Sign Up" for our Members to signup for the event with the names displayed and whether or not they WILL ATTEND,  WILL NOT ATTEND or MAY ATTEND?  I know this is possible but I am at a lost in how to actually do this,

You help is truly appreciated.

Thank You,

Don
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556
    Language : English

In progress Re: How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event?

Post by SLGray April 15th 2014, 3:56 am

The calendar only shows the dates of an event.  If you want something as a sign up form, you will have to use a topic.

How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    kingdonofcoc@gmail.com

Language : English (US)

In progress Is there a Tutorial on how to do this, incl. creating a topic/post??

Post by kingdonofcoc@gmail.com April 23rd 2014, 8:24 pm

SLGray wrote:The calendar only shows the dates of an event.  If you want something as a sign up form, you will have to use a topic.
    Hello again,

Thank you for your reply.  I have a followup.  Could you either point me to a tutorial to create the topic/post that describes the process in detail on the method you speak of, or describe here so that I may incorporate this ability into my forum.

As mentioned, I want to create a calendar event that will allow members to "signup" to and have the ability to select from three options "Will Attend", Will NOT Attend", or "Unsure".   The end goal being to have a list with names and their attendance selection.

I thank you very much in advance.

Don
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556
    Language : English

In progress Re: How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event?

Post by SLGray April 24th 2014, 1:24 am

Set the dates in the calendar, then create a topic will members will reply with "Will Attend", Will NOT Attend", or "Unsure."  There is not a way to have members sign up by using the calendar.

How Do I Create the Ability for a Member to Our Forum to Signup for a Calendar Event? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.