The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

BBcode getting mosty deleted when I preview; Code changing itself upon pressing Edit

Jaysonbird

Language : English

Solved BBcode getting mosty deleted when I preview; Code changing itself upon pressing Edit

Post by Jaysonbird August 19th 2014, 11:05 pm

I saw something similar to this in the board, but the solution did not exactly work for me. Therefore, I'll post this anyway.

My friend and I are making a roleplaying forum. It was going swimmingly until we've noticed our BBcode bugging out. It was first happening with the table code. It would post normally, then end up all strange and out of code when clicking edit. This has stopped happening since then, which is what I am seeing currently, but the main issue is still unresolved. 

Anyhow, when the problem was happening, we changed skins because we thought the previous one was glitching our BBcode. It has been happening on the newer one, however.

We have a character template, as many RP sites do. Here is the topic it is in. It is plenty normal, until you edit it. Editing it will immediately screw up the code in various areas. Here it is when I correct it and before I hit send, and here is what happens when I go to edit it again. It is annoying and I don't know why it happens.

The worst, though, is when it deletes itself. Whenever you preview a post with the template in it, or whenever you forget to add a title or add a title at an insignificant length, it will delete almost all of the template. This happens with both me and my friend, and we don't want it happening with our members. Can anyone help fix this?

Forum: http://pba-rpg.forumotion.com/

Last edited by Jaysonbird on August 19th 2014, 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zaritok
    Zaritok
    Forumember

Male Posts : 165

Solved Re: BBcode getting mosty deleted when I preview; Code changing itself upon pressing Edit

Post by Zaritok August 19th 2014, 11:09 pm

Are you using a proxy site?
    Jaysonbird

Solved Re: BBcode getting mosty deleted when I preview; Code changing itself upon pressing Edit

Post by Jaysonbird August 19th 2014, 11:14 pm

I am not. At least not that I know of, I never set up anything like that.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur August 20th 2014, 12:39 am

Hello Jaysonbird,

Try adding the following script to your forum which should prevent corrections from the Sceditor in source code mode :
    Administration Panel > Modules > JavaScript Codes Management > Create a new script

Title : your choice
    Placement : in all the pages
    Code:
    $(function() {
     Â var a = $("#text_editor_textarea"), t;
     Â a.length && (t = a.val()) && $(function() {
     Â   a.sceditor && a.sceditor("instance") && a.sceditor("instance").val(t);
     Â });
    });
    Jaysonbird

Post by Jaysonbird August 20th 2014, 12:53 am

Oh! This is what I tried before making the topic, since I saw it in a previous topic in this board. However,I just realized that I didn't enable the Javascript Management. It works now! Thank you so much, you're awesome!
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur August 20th 2014, 12:55 am

You're welcome, I should've mentioned that. Shocked

Topic archived

Have a nice day. Smile

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 7:41 pm