The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Help with Portal

Riley K.K. Maverick
    Riley K.K. Maverick
    Forumember

Language : English

Help with Portal Empty Help with Portal

Post by Riley K.K. Maverick August 21st 2014, 12:33 am

I don't know if this goes here or not, but the other one is locked so I can't use it. I was wondering how to get the portal onto the home page?? I can't figure that out. I need some help.
    kevin-kyo
    Forumember

Language : norwegian/english/sweedish/danish/dutch/thai

Help with Portal Empty Re: Help with Portal

Post by kevin-kyo August 21st 2014, 12:46 am

allright what u do is: goto ur site/forum then go in the  url and type /admin at end.

then u goto the nav bar in admin site, and goto "modules"

then on top left screen you see under: "portal and widgets" and click: "portal management"

enable: show portal: yes
    then to configure the portal. u see in middle screen u see it says: "portal, duplicate, structure, portal view and delete.

click structure.

and there ya go Very Happy
    Riley K.K. Maverick
    Riley K.K. Maverick
    Forumember

Post by Riley K.K. Maverick August 21st 2014, 12:49 am

Thank you, but I don't have a portal page. There is nothing there
    kevin-kyo
    Forumember

Post by kevin-kyo August 21st 2014, 12:56 am

hmm let me check that out for you really quick Help with Portal Icon_smile

Edit:
    ok so here is what you do:

do as i said earlier type /admin at end of the url.
    when youre at admin panel's home. you will see almost at the top left corner 2 buttons saying: simple/advanced

click advanced. Then you will see 2 new categories pop up: modules.

in this place you will now be able to see the portal management button at top left corner. click it. now you will ca in middle of the screen get the option to install the portal.

after installing it follow the steps i told you earllier Help with Portal Icon_biggrin
    Riley K.K. Maverick
    Riley K.K. Maverick
    Forumember

Post by Riley K.K. Maverick August 21st 2014, 12:59 am

Thank you
    kevin-kyo
    Forumember

Post by kevin-kyo August 21st 2014, 12:59 am

you got it to work? Smile

Copy of PM from riley: (reasoon for copy: this is a part of the fix that he made this topic about. so i post it down so everyone can read it if someoone else got same issue)

Riley K.K. Maverick wrote:So it's me again. I was wondering where can I add modules to me Home page??? I can't find the home page to add the modules Help with Portal Icon_confused

that would be in the same area as where you find the button called"portal management" ecept you are going to push the one under called: forum widget management

what you can do is copy/paste this at end of the url to your home page:: admin/index.forum?mode=index_modules&part=modules&sub=portal&tid=1310a969a7da9f5e8cd969fc12bdd1f6

here you will need to enable the forum widgets on home page. and modify them and drag/drop whatever you want Help with Portal Icon_smile

Help with Portal Sujet11 Riley K.K. Maverick August 21st 2014, 1:10 am
    I still can't find where i can add them too. On the forum  it doesn't give me a home option

[size=10][size=13]
    kevin reply:
    that place i directed to you is the home theres only 2 places to pace widgets. its the home and portal

this is for home: /admin/index.forum?mode=index_modules&part=modules&sub=portal&tid=1310a969a7da9f5e8cd969fc12bdd1f6

this is for portal: /admin/index.forum?part=modules&sub=portal&mode=struc&pid=1&extended_admin=1&tid=1310a969a7da9f5e8cd969fc12bdd1f6

so the first licnk. just add it at end of your forum url. check the box for:[size=12]Display forum widgets :  (yes) (dont forget that)

then just drag and drop. click save. then it should be at your home
    [/size]

riley reply: Thank you so much!
    [/size]

kevin reply:

no problem:D
    btw im copying this chat to the topic you made, as all support related items are suposed to be in forum and not private (so other peoples can see the fixes for the issue)
    [/size]

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 5:15 pm