The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

How to import users from old forum after new forum creation

zambr123

Male Posts : 1
    Language : english

In progress How to import users from old forum after new forum creation

Post by zambr123 August 23rd 2014, 11:29 pm

Hi, I have 2 SQL files (users and user groups) which were created by exporting data from my old phpBB forum. I would now like to import them into my newly created forum here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Note: I have seen the post about performing this process during forum creation process, but my forum is already created now.

User Group file isn't needed really as I know only certain users need promoting from lowest default level.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

In progress Re: How to import users from old forum after new forum creation

Post by Ape August 24th 2014, 12:41 am

zambr123 wrote:Hi, I have 2 SQL files (users and user groups) which were created by exporting data from my old phpBB forum. I would now like to import them into my newly created forum here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Note: I have seen the post about performing this process during forum creation process, but my forum is already created now.

User Group file isn't needed really as I know only certain users need promoting from lowest default level.
    Hello right now there is no way to do this until maybe monday when our pro admin come online then she may have some way of doing this for you as i have seen this posted before but just can't find it right now but she is the only one that can do that sort of thing as we have no rights to server side tools i will pm her and ask her to come read this thread.

APE

How to import users from old forum after new forum creation Left1212How to import users from old forum after new forum creation Center11How to import users from old forum after new forum creation Right112
    How to import users from old forum after new forum creation Ape_b110
    How to import users from old forum after new forum creation Ape1010
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray August 24th 2014, 5:24 pm

The best thing would be to ask your members to register on the new forum.

How to import users from old forum after new forum creation Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow August 25th 2014, 9:29 am

zambr123 wrote:Hi, I have 2 SQL files (users and user groups) which were created by exporting data from my old phpBB forum. I would now like to import them into my newly created forum here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello Zambr

First of all thanks for your trust Wink

For the moment, the only solution is to create a new Forumotion forum and use the step 4 to import your old forum. It is the simplest and fastest solution.
    If any questions feel free to ask

Best Regards

Buttercup

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 1:40 pm