Transferring a domain name from one (redundant) forumotion forum to a new forumotion forum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Transferring a domain name from one (redundant) forumotion forum to a new forumotion forum

Robin1966
    Forumember

Language : Enlgish

In progress Transferring a domain name from one (redundant) forumotion forum to a new forumotion forum

Post by Robin1966 September 27th 2014, 3:14 pm

Hi, I am a member of Second World War reenactment group in the UK. We have around 30 members and have relied upon a forumotion forum up until now to discuss internal group business, such as events we attend, new members, advice on kit and uniform requirements and that sort of thing.

Unfortunately, one of our members, who ran the forum and had sole access to it as administrator, threw a strop when he was reprimanded and then kicked out of the group for not paying his annual subscription. In a fit of revenge he closed down or deactivated the forum, so that no-one else could access it and so that it vanished from Google searches when members tried to access it.

I have now taken over as the group's forum administrator and have created a new forum (still, as yet, in the design stage). The group leader, who has joint access to the administration panel alongside me, wants to know if he can transfer the domain name of the old redundant forum, which he paid for and therefore owns, to the new forum I've created.

The only problem we can see at the moment is that the old forum may not have been closed entirely and may just be deactivated with its SEO etc switched off so that no-one but the previous administrator can access it. It may therefore be technically still 'live' but in name only so that it just sits there doing nothing. In which case, the group leader would presumably have to get the username and password off the previous administrator, enter the forum's administration panel and close it down entirely.

I need some help with this from someone who knows more about this, so any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers and best wishes

Robin Whitlock, Weston Super Mare, UK
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

In progress Re: Transferring a domain name from one (redundant) forumotion forum to a new forumotion forum

Post by Shadow September 29th 2014, 10:33 am

Hello

If I do well understand you've a domain name on a Forumotion forum that you want to transfer to another Forumotion forum? Smile
    Robin1966
    Forumember

Language : Enlgish

In progress Re: Transferring a domain name from one (redundant) forumotion forum to a new forumotion forum

Post by Robin1966 October 4th 2014, 2:01 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello

If I do well understand you've a domain name on a Forumotion forum that you want to transfer to another Forumotion forum? Smile

Yes, that's exactly it. Thanks. Very Happy