iLivid 'Download' has invaded the Header space on every page Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

iLivid 'Download' has invaded the Header space on every page

MikeEnnis

Language : English

In progress iLivid 'Download' has invaded the Header space on every page

Post by MikeEnnis October 2nd 2014, 9:18 am

Hi Everyone

We've set up a new forum, which up until this morning has been working just fine. The address is www.peninsular.unlimitboard.com 

How can I get rid of the iLivid spam that seems to have taken over the top space of each page? This is an unwarrented intrusion and I am at a loss to know where it came from. This may well be a local computer issue but, as my machine has full protection (or so I thought), I'd like to be able to solve it - in case it happens to others in the group.

I know how to do screenshots but not how to add to this post.

Thanks
    Mike Ennis
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

In progress Re: iLivid 'Download' has invaded the Header space on every page

Post by Shadow October 2nd 2014, 10:31 am

MikeEnnis wrote:Hi Everyone

We've set up a new forum, which up until this morning has been working just fine. The address is www.peninsular.unlimitboard.com 

How can I get rid of the iLivid spam that seems to have taken over the top space of each page? This is an unwarrented intrusion and I am at a loss to know where it came from. This may well be a local computer issue but, as my machine has full protection (or so I thought), I'd like to be able to solve it - in case it happens to others in the group.

I know how to do screenshots but not how to add to this post.

Thanks
    Mike Ennis
    Hi Mike

You should read this article: http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-ilivid-virus/

It could help Smile
    MikeEnnis

Post by MikeEnnis October 3rd 2014, 12:22 pm

Hi Buttercup

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if this is the answer. I must confess that I'm always wary of installing software that I may not need. I already have Norton 360 on all my machines and this has not detected/ disallowed the malware.

All I am seeing is an advert in the Banner/Heading of each page. I am not being diverted to any other pages.

Beacause of my hesitancy, I tried following the manual removal outlined in the advice. There does not appear to be an extension in Google Chrome relating to iLivid. I also have no program installed that I can manually remove.

I'm assuming that adverts do not appear on the forum. I am seeing the same logo on both my Windows machines, whereas my wife is getting adverts - currently 'energysavingtips-blog.com' on her ipad.
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2083

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ October 3rd 2014, 12:40 pm

Norton Is A Antivirus It Only Protects Against Viruses Not Spyware, Adware, browser high jackers,ext

i run about 5 programs on my computer that are always on because unfortunately there is no software that can protect against everything 

not to mention in my opinion norton is the worst virus protection

but anyways iv used every browser and no links or images show up on my screen so my bet would be your infected
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51496

Post by SLGray October 3rd 2014, 5:51 pm

I noticed in your profile that you have Firefox.  What happens when you activate the ad blocker in the browser?

iLivid 'Download' has invaded the Header space on every page Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    MikeEnnis

Post by MikeEnnis October 5th 2014, 11:09 am

Sorry StGray
    That was an error on my part. My images only display as default image thumbnails and I had no idea which browser was checked until I took a look. I've now changed it to Chrome.
    If there is indeed an infection, why does it appear on both machines and the i-pad? Are they all affected?
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2083

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ October 5th 2014, 2:46 pm

have you tried a different browser?
    Ramdaman
    Ramdaman
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1590
    Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS

Post by Ramdaman October 5th 2014, 2:54 pm

I thought the iLivid piece was only removed by purchasing credits and removing adds.