change time out for chat - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
FrOsTyXi
azwiz
6 posters

change time out for chat

azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 837
    Language : english

In progress change time out for chat

Post by azwiz December 17th 2014, 4:14 am

First topic message reminder :

I can't find the duration time in AP to change time out for chat . Brain fart I guess but I don't see the modify chat room .
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

In progress Re: change time out for chat

Post by brandon_g December 19th 2014, 4:46 pm

@Twisted_mod I understand their is no way to current way to remove the time feature, I would like for my chatbox to atleast be restored to how it was before I used the code ange gave me.

How may I restore my chat to the way it was? I have removed the code, but it has done no good.

change time out for chat - Page 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic change time out for chat - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

change time out for chat - Page 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2083

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ December 19th 2014, 6:17 pm

if you have removed the javascript and its still not working try to clear your cache ... if that don't work u can try to delete ur cookies also ... if neither of those options work then its probably server sided and one of the staff will have to report the issue to the super mod .. who will then report it to the tech team .. please let me know the results and i will happily let a staff member know so they can provide you with the info they need to report the issue
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz December 19th 2014, 10:57 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:@azwiz, If you need to add additional information you can use the edit button. As this is your fourth reminder you have received a warning.

User-side coding : I am referring to scripts you install on your forum to modify content yourself.

Never, as in there has not been any options in the admin panel to modify the chatbox timeout. If you have removed the script that FrOsTyXi provided and are encountering problems still, then it may be server side. What exactly is the "error" that you're getting, could you provide a screenshot ? This would help clarify things, because right now we're getting nowhere.

azwiz wrote:Are you calling me a liar ?

It has been like this since the chatbox was introduced. If you were idle for a certain amount of time you will be disconnected from the chat.

I was able to set the damn time for any duration . This really making me mad . It is becoming evident that you are not qualified to handle this subject .
    Not at all, I am trying to explain to you that there have not been options in the admin panel. I have a question, was the chat that you were using before hosted by Forumotion, or was it third-party ?

Lastly, I am Volunteer, I am trying to help you as best I can during my free time.
    Ok I apologize but this very frustrating . I just recently aqcuired this forum . No experience at all . One day I accidentally deleted my chat from the home page in the forum message . Some one from support gave me a code to resore it . Ever since then I don't have the AP page that I had before ( whether you beleive me or not ) That allowed me to change the duration of an inactive member in the chat . It was set for ten minutes I changed it to 30 . It is the same chat as it was , IDK if forum hosted or third - party .
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz December 19th 2014, 11:10 pm

change time out for chat - Page 2 Chat_d10
    azwiz as you can see the code you gave me has disabled any duration . The moment one leaves they are disconnected . Prior to yesterday , for the last coyple years one would be able to leave the chat chat and browse , surf , play a round of golf , come to forum support , etc . And stay active while inactive and check back with possibly another person away but still there . It would automatically log you out after 30 minutes of inactivity . It used to do it in ten minutes but I changed it to 30 minutes . I deleted your code and it still has ZERO duration . wrote:
    Ange Tuteur wrote:@azwiz, If you need to add additional information you can use the edit button. As this is your fourth reminder you have received a warning.

User-side coding : I am referring to scripts you install on your forum to modify content yourself.

Never, as in there has not been any options in the admin panel to modify the chatbox timeout. If you have removed the script that FrOsTyXi provided and are encountering problems still, then it may be server side. What exactly is the "error" that you're getting, could you provide a screenshot ? This would help clarify things, because right now we're getting nowhere.

azwiz wrote:Are you calling me a liar ?

It has been like this since the chatbox was introduced. If you were idle for a certain amount of time you will be disconnected from the chat.

I was able to set the damn time for any duration . This really making me mad . It is becoming evident that you are not qualified to handle this subject .
    Not at all, I am trying to explain to you that there have not been options in the admin panel. I have a question, was the chat that you were using before hosted by Forumotion, or was it third-party ?

Lastly, I am Volunteer, I am trying to help you as best I can during my free time.
    Ok I apologize but this very frustrating . I just recently aqcuired this forum . No experience at all . One day I accidentally deleted my chat from the home page in the forum message . Some one from support gave me a code to resore it . Ever since then I don't have the AP page that I had before ( whether you beleive me or not ) That allowed me to change the duration of an inactive member in the chat . It was set for ten minutes I changed it to 30 . It is the same chat as it was , IDK if forum hosted or third - party .
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz December 19th 2014, 11:16 pm

_Twisted_Mods_ wrote:if you have removed the javascript and its still not working try to clear your cache ... if that don't work u can try to delete ur cookies also ... if neither of those options work then its probably server sided and one of the staff will have to report the issue to the super mod .. who will then report it to the tech team .. please let me know the results and i will happily let a staff member know so they can provide you with the info they need to report the issue
    I have cleaned my cache and cookies . This problem happened a couple weeks ago .
    I still had the 30 minute duration yesterday until I entered that code .
    What I didn't have for the last couple of weeks was the ability to edit the duration . LOL I am not hallucinating  .

@azwizIf you need to add additional information you can use the edit button. As this is your fourth reminder you have received a warning.

Whatever . At least we didn't have to cut down any trees to use an extra page .

Last edited by azwiz on December 19th 2014, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2083

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ December 20th 2014, 12:42 am

technically took a bunch of trees to run internet and power to your pc... lol but anyways

i do believe you must have mistakenly looked at something else and thought it went to your chat  . i mean unless the tech team was just sitting there one days and picked your forum out of the 10000000000's of forums and said hey yall watch this and now they are sitting there laughing at your post making you think your going crazy .. but i doubt that's the case tho

theirs always other chats you can use like i stated in my last post.
    there is also http://chat.avacweb.net/ it works with forumotion chat and has a no timeout option in it .. other then that idk what to tell you but good luck and sorry that that options not available
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz December 20th 2014, 1:54 am

I have been editing my last post for a while now . Do you even see them ?

Oops . Had no idea there was a page 2 .
    change time out for chat - Page 2 Chat_d11If it isn't a forumation chat . How do I find out who made it . It turns out I don't have a restore point for then . 
    I still don't understand how you can give a code that eliminates the duration and then you tell me that there never was a duration ?

if you don't wish to use forumotion chat for what ever reason 

No I don't want to change the chat . Way over my head . But I would like you to restore what you deleted yesterday Please .

"or in a widget on your homepage or portal page by creating a new widget in 
    modules>homepage widgets or portal widgets"

I don't know anything about the codes I would need . So that would not help me .

If I can only edit ? How do I qoute ?

What about this idea ?

session_start(); // 20 mins in seconds $inactive = 1200; $session_life = time() - $_session['timeout'];  if($session_life > $inactive) {    session_destroy(); header("Location: logoutpage.php"); } $_session['timeout']=time();

If this were the right code to log a user out after being inactive for 20 minutes ( I am assuming it is the right one ) . Where would I put it or enter it ?

If it isn't written right for this forum , could one of you use this and create one for me ?

IDK if php works in html ?

Last edited by azwiz on December 20th 2014, 2:06 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : transfer recent posts from page 1)
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur December 20th 2014, 2:08 am

The code given posted to the archives every 5 seconds. If you have removed that, and you're still experiencing problems, then it could be server-side.

Before I make assumptions on that, try clearing your browser cache. Also, make sure that the code is removed from javascript management :
    Modules > JavaScript codes management
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Forumember

Male Posts : 289
    Language : EN, SPA

Post by Eugeo Igvalt December 20th 2014, 6:41 pm

Or do what I do to prevent timeout. 

Nothing like a good old fashioned  dot when everything has gone quiet in the chat. lol
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g December 20th 2014, 6:57 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:The code given posted to the archives every 5 seconds. If you have removed that, and you're still experiencing problems, then it could be server-side.

Before I make assumptions on that, try clearing your browser cache. Also, make sure that the code is removed from javascript management :
    Modules > JavaScript codes management

It appears to be working normally for me and everyone else now. It must have just taken a little while. Thanks all for the help I hope that we can get this feature added soon!