The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Are there other " Scrolling Widgets " ?

azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 837
    Language : english

In progress Are there other " Scrolling Widgets " ?

Post by azwiz January 22nd 2015, 6:59 am

Are there other ways to get a widget to scroll besides  " LATEST or RECENT TOPICS " ?

Ok thank you . I guess I shouldn't have asked . Not ready to figure out codes yet .

Don't know what that means .

What I asked isn't exactly what I am trying to figure out . I have another widget that is " NEWS " it displays the contents of a forum of choice . I think what I wanted to know is can a widget like that one have scrolling options too ?

I wish I could figure out how to quote single sentences . It is so easy in other forums

I would like to know what all that means below . And what replaces what ? The codes ?

I say I would like to know but I am ready . So lets just stop here . Sorry to waste your time .

Last edited by azwiz on January 22nd 2015, 8:37 am; edited 5 times in total
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

In progress Re: Are there other " Scrolling Widgets " ?

Post by Ange Tuteur January 22nd 2015, 7:20 am

Hello @azwiz,

It depends, which widget would you like to scroll ? While we're on the topic, you can also create custom widgets that scroll content using the <marquee> element. Add this to a widget if you like :
    Code:
    <marquee direction="up" scrollamount="2">
      <div onmouseover="this.parentNode.setAttribute('scrollamount','0')" onmouseout="this.parentNode.setAttribute('scrollamount','2')">Mouse over to stop me !</div>
    </marquee>

You can replace the following in the code above with whatever you like.
    Code:
      <div onmouseover="this.parentNode.setAttribute('scrollamount','0')" onmouseout="this.parentNode.setAttribute('scrollamount','2')">Mouse over to stop me !</div>

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 4:38 pm