The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

How to have year of post show

LadyFaire
    LadyFaire

Female Posts : 18
    Language : English

In progress How to have year of post show

Post by LadyFaire 23/1/2015, 20:59

Technical Details

Forum version : phpBB3
    Position : Administrator
    Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    When the problem appeared : Always has been this way
    Forum link : http://kentuckygunowners.forumotion.net/

Description of problem

OK, stupid question time - in the index, where the categories are shown, the last post is visible on the right hand side. But, it only posts a day and month. How do I get the YEAR of the post to show?

OH, one other little display type issue, I cannot get the forum to show the proper time. I've gone to reset it 4 or 5 times, and in the admin panel, it shows EST, but in the forum messages it shows about 2 hours out to sea (earlier time zone) and the members have asked me repeatedly to fix it. Someone will post at 10:01PM and the post time shows as 0:01 of the next day.

I'm sorry to be a PITA, but I kind of got the entire administration of the forum dropped into my lap when the other (original) admin died suddenly. I'm trying to find my way around, but I get frustrated on occasion. Sorry - blathering, aren't I?
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

In progress Re: How to have year of post show

Post by Ange Tuteur 23/1/2015, 21:12

Hi @LadyFaire,

The time in the AP changes the default time for the board and new members. To change the time you see, you'll have to change it in your profile preferences. Profile > Preferences > Time zone

You can also change your date format here, to show the year.
    How to have year of post show Captur88

Current date/time is 23/9/2024, 04:18