The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Questions about quoting (quotes as replies)

Niwrok

Language : English

Questions about quoting (quotes as replies) Empty Questions about quoting (quotes as replies)

Post by Niwrok February 4th 2015, 8:45 pm

Hello Admins,

I have two questions about quoting:

- Is there a way to automatically add a link to the replied message to quotes in our forum? When we'd like to quote something many messages before (as a part of a long-started thread), it would be good to have a link to the original thread that what was it about. Sometimes our quotes would be too long, and it would be easier if we could quote some reminders and the original message could be read via this link. Can we add this linking maybe to the header of the quote?

- One of our topics exceeded the 990 messages limit, and it's locked and split. As this way the same threads were separated, we can't reply to messages 'archived'. Is it a possibility, when someone would like to reply and quote something in the locked topic, then he/she would be redirected to an other topic (maybe setting the newly split topic) and his/her message would appear there as a new message, with the link to the old topic's message as mentioned above?

Maybe these were already answered, but I couldn't find them. That is also a possibility that my questions are stupid, but I'm no expert, sorry...
    Thanks in advance.

Niwrok
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1442

Questions about quoting (quotes as replies) Empty Re: Questions about quoting (quotes as replies)

Post by SarkZKalie February 5th 2015, 10:46 am

Questions about quoting (quotes as replies) Sarkzk10
    Niwrok

Questions about quoting (quotes as replies) Empty Re: Questions about quoting (quotes as replies)

Post by Niwrok February 5th 2015, 5:40 pm

Many thanks for the tips, but it's almost Chinese to me. I could find CSS at least, but I'm stuck with viewtopic_body and posting_body. Where to find these or should we create such htmls at the admin modules?

About the second question, I know there is an inevitable limit of 990 messages. Our idea was to keep the threads to redirect replies from the locked topic to the newly created one. Is that possible somehow?
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1442

Post by SarkZKalie February 6th 2015, 12:25 am

They're templates in your Admin Control Panel/Display/Templates. By the way, it's not Chinese :3

Questions about quoting (quotes as replies) Sarkzk10

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 12:23 am