The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Why is it still showing "1 Guest online" When my forum is supposed to be private? :o

littleatheart

Language : english

In progress Why is it still showing "1 Guest online" When my forum is supposed to be private? :o

Post by littleatheart March 7th 2015, 7:12 am

So, I am very strict about making my forum totally private to those on the outside.

Anyone who has not been approved for membership should not be able to see anything!!

I specifically made sure that nothing is viewable to guests on the checkboxes.

One of the members spotted "1 guest online" And they were alarmed by it. I am bothered by it too!!! Why is it saying that? Does that mean that one "guest" is just looking at the log in page? (The Log in is the only thing viewable to the outside)

Also, if this is just a glitch or something, is there a way to get rid of that whole part that shows Who is online and who isn't?

Thank you in advance, this is very concerning for me!!
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

In progress Re: Why is it still showing "1 Guest online" When my forum is supposed to be private? :o

Post by Ange Tuteur March 7th 2015, 7:25 am

Hello @littleatheart,

If you have all the permissions set correctly, then all the crawlers and guests will see is the login form. Also note that members of your forum who are logging in via the login form will also display as guests until they're finally logged into the forum.

In short; everyone will see the login page until logged in, if you have all options set correctly.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 7:38 pm