The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts

Vestihavet

Male Posts : 12
    Language : Norwegian

Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts Empty Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts

Post by Vestihavet Tue 7 Apr - 7:22

I am setting up a small forum for å select group of users. I find that a forum is used less if the members have to log into the forum to see the posts. It is more successful if the users get an e-mail from the forum. 
    Is it possible to set as a forum default that an e-mail is sent to all the participants for all new topics posted? The users should of course be able to opt out of this if they want to.

Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts Empty Re: Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts

Post by Guest Tue 7 Apr - 16:39

Hello @Vestihavet,
    As far as I know, there is no way to have the forum send a specific group or even all members of a forum an e-mail when there is a new topic posted in a forum. You are more then welcome to suggest it to the community by following the links below and try to get this feature added to Forumotion hopefully in the future but again, I do not believe there is a way to do this at the time. However I am not 100% sure on this so we may want to wait for a staff member to clarify.

Links:
    https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-how-to-make-a-good-suggestion
    https://help.forumotion.com/f30-suggestions-for-your-forums

Regards,
    James
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3231
    Language : English, Italian, French

Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts Empty Re: Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts

Post by Niko Thu 9 Apr - 17:15

Hello @Vestihavet,

what you mentioned is sadly not possible on Forumotion, but I can tell you what you can do thumleft

• You can ask to be notified for new topics in a/some specific forum(s)
      just click on the link (like this one) you can find in the different subforum

Default setting? Send e-mail for all posts Start10

• You can ask to be notified for new replies to a topic
      just clicking on the related link in the topic or simply replying to a topic

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep - 20:24