The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+3
FrOsTyXi
SLGray
azwiz
7 posters

Last visit date

azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 837
    Language : english

Solved Last visit date

Post by azwiz June 8th 2015, 8:57 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Internet Explorer
    Screenshot of problem : https://2img.net/h/i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b639/pboppart1/last%20visits_zps48iglzvg.jpg
    Who the problem concerns : A few members
    When the problem appeared : Have always been curious
    Forum link : http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/

Description of problem

AVATAR - USERNAME HUMOR JOIN DATE   LAST VISIT   POSTS PM WEBSITE

The bar above is the subject of my inquiry . Specifically the LAST VISIT column . How or what determines a last visit ? Is it some sort of action ? Because I am having a problem with the accuracy of this report . Although I do believe there are members that have no visits and that there are some that havn't been there in 6 months . I also believe that there are several that have visited recently on several occasions . But does not reflect their visits and therefore has labeled them with the never or seldom visited group . Which means I have no way of really knowing that some never have visited if knowing that some that have are not in the count . I would like to know what the statistic LAST VISITED is based on . This is a current issue . I need to know myself not to mention I have accused some innocent members of never or seldom visiting  when there is a possibility that they have . I am taking some credible members word for it . Can you help me with this ?
     Thank you Paul
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499
    Language : English

Solved Re: Last visit date

Post by SLGray June 8th 2015, 8:59 pm

It means the last time you logged into the forum.

Please do not use all caps.

Last visit date Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz June 9th 2015, 6:03 pm

SLGray wrote:It means the last time you logged into the forum.

First of all . It does not mean the last time one logged into the forum . Your answer confirms this . There are several of my members that visit and do not post . They are on the same list as members that do not visit or post . An explanation for that is what I am after .

Second . The title of my post is a copy and paste of the very bar I am inquiring about . Titles can and will be capitalized from time to time . Slow your roll there St. Gray .

Just a piece of advice Mr. Moderator . A good customer service agent does not jump at every opportunity to critique and muscle the very people they work to try and please and assist . Especially a volunteer that has nothing to prove would be better received by a friendly demeanor . Only pointing out real problem issues if one would ever present itself .
    FrOsTyXi
    FrOsTyXi
    Forumember

Male Posts : 460

Post by FrOsTyXi June 9th 2015, 7:31 pm

Sorry, but could not help to reply and sorry this is no solution , but @azwiz you are absolutely correct with your post. In my opinion SLGray makes more of a issue than he ever resolves, I still wonder why he is a support manager...go figure.

Sorry I could not be of assistance but I will be reporting this to admin here the way posts are replied to by SLGray are inappropriate and NEVER have a solution.

Regards
    FrOsTyXi
    JScript
    JScript
    Forumember

Male Posts : 741
    Language : PT-BR, EN

Post by JScript June 9th 2015, 7:54 pm

Take it easy friends, we will try to understand and solve the supposed problem!

azwiz wrote:(...)How or what determines a last visit ? Is it some sort of action ? Because I am having a problem with the accuracy of this report .
    Our friend @SLGray answered him, I believe that it is the knowledge and the answer is consistent with the fact.

azwiz wrote:(...)I would like to know what the statistic LAST VISITED is based on (...)
    In my case, that's something to study and observe, but the admins or another member with more advanced knowledge on the operation of FM will answer you with greater accuracy!

JS
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray June 9th 2015, 8:30 pm

If you have an issue with a staff member, you need to send a pm to a staff member.  There is no need to post about it.

If you look at Last Visited, you should know it is based on the last time you exactly was logged into the forum.  You do not have to do anything, but log in.

Last visit date Slgray10

JScript
    JScript
    Forumember

Post by JScript June 9th 2015, 8:37 pm

SLGray wrote:(...)If you look at Last Visited, you should know it is based on the last time you exactly was logged into the forum.  You do not have to do anything, but log in.
    Yes, this is what I know to, but the @azwiz is putting it in doubt and he said is not what it seems...

JS
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray June 9th 2015, 8:41 pm

So the issue is that some members who log in and do not post are not being considered in the last visit calculation?  Are you should that these members are exactly logged into the forum?

Last visit date Slgray10

Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8711
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri June 9th 2015, 8:43 pm

I've started up dozens of forums and personally I've found the last visited stat to be correct. I'd assume the above members are pretty much not telling the truth and they haven't logged on when they've said they've logged on.
    JScript
    JScript
    Forumember

Post by JScript June 9th 2015, 8:47 pm

@Derri
    Most likely because I'm also checking on various forums and the result is correct!

JS
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri June 9th 2015, 8:48 pm

Just to clarify the last visited stat shows then you were last active while logged in. So say I come on the forum at 9am and I browse for an hour and log of at 10am it will show I last visited at 10am.
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz June 9th 2015, 8:55 pm

SLGray wrote:So the issue is that some members who log in and do not post are not being considered in the last visit calculation?  Are you should that these members are exactly logged into the forum?
      Yes . After posting my disappointment to a group of my members that it appears as though they have never even been there . I got a couple of responses stating that they have been there recently and somewhat frequently . Hence the basis of my inquiry .

I will try to get some details on the " actual logging in " that you have brought up . Something I am not aware of and did not consider .
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz June 9th 2015, 8:58 pm

Wow . Very cool . For a moment I was privy to what appeared to be a moderators thread discussing this subject . Wish I could do that again .
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray June 9th 2015, 8:58 pm

If I was a member of your forum and visited as a guest, my last visited stat would not change.

Last visit date Slgray10

Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri June 9th 2015, 9:01 pm

azwiz wrote:Wow . Very cool . For a moment I was privy to what appeared to be a moderators thread discussing this subject . Wish I could do that again .

What do you mean?
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz June 9th 2015, 9:06 pm

SLGray wrote:If I was a member of your forum and visited as a guest, my last visited stat would not change.
      I'm not following that one . But I suppose I will inquire about that also . I will get back to you all after I get some more info .

Nevermind about he screen I saw . I was mistaken . This was it . Just not familiar with the format .
    Last visit date New_sc10
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g June 10th 2015, 12:48 am

Yes I also can state that I have accounts that have 0 posts, but have logged in before, the date of which appears.

What you show in your screenshot Azwiz, is when a post by a user was posted. This geniunely does go by posts, not logging in. The last active stat is accurate and based solely on when the user last logged in.

Last visit date Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Last visit date Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Last visit date Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow June 10th 2015, 10:07 am

azwiz wrote:
    SLGray wrote:It means the last time you logged into the forum.

First of all . It does not mean the last time one logged into the forum . Your answer confirms this . There are several of my members that visit and do not post . They are on the same list as members that do not visit or post . An explanation for that is what I am after .

Second . The title of my post is a copy and paste of the very bar I am inquiring about . Titles can and will be capitalized from time to time . Slow your roll there St. Gray .

Just a piece of advice Mr. Moderator . A good customer service agent does not jump at every opportunity to critique and muscle the very people they work to try and please and assist . Especially a volunteer that has nothing to prove would be better received by a friendly demeanor . Only pointing out real problem issues if one would ever present itself .

FrOsTyXi wrote:Sorry, but could not help to reply and sorry this is no solution , but @azwiz you are absolutely correct with your post. In my opinion SLGray makes more of a issue than he ever resolves, I still wonder why he is a support manager...go figure.

Sorry I could not be of assistance but I will be reporting this to admin here the way posts are replied to by SLGray are inappropriate and NEVER have a solution.

Regards
    FrOsTyXi
    @azwiz and @FrOsTyXi

First of all, I'm very angry to see how you can speak to the staff! SLGray is an excellent moderator that has worked on our support forum for a long time. I have never received any single complaint from a member about him. You think this is funny? I don't think so... You could be banned for this rude behaviour! It is my unique and final warning and it absolutely not a joke. I don't tolerate some member speak about one of the staff member like that.
    Just a piece of advise Mr Member never insult a staff member once more....

Secondly, our system of last visit works according to the logs. The date corresponds to the late member connection. If you see "never", it means the member registered on your forum but never logged.

I think we provided enough information and spent enough time.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 6:24 am