Security issue sending e-mails? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security issue sending e-mails?

In progress Security issue sending e-mails?

Post by Guest June 22nd 2015, 6:12 pm

Hello!

I've got a possible security issue to report. When I send someone an e-mail and copy myself into that message as a CC using the check-box found at the bottom of the page, a copy of that message is send to my e-mail (GMail). So far so good.

When I open the message at the top it says 'no-reply@forumotion.com' or something, but when I choose to reply anyway the founder e-mail address is visible in the reply message (!) even though the founder set the preferences as such that nobody can see the e-mail address. Isn't that odd? It happened the first time I sent an e-mail to a moderator on the website I'm registered on as an admin as a test. The next time I opened the message again and tried the same the founder's e-mail address was no longer visible and replaced by my own.

Could someone please confirm this strange e-mail behavior? And next, could Forumotion please explain why the founder's e-mail address got visible and tell us how they think they're gonna solve that?

Thanks.

Roxanne (on behalf of the founder Samantha).
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556
    Language : English

In progress Re: Security issue sending e-mails?

Post by SLGray June 22nd 2015, 8:48 pm

What do you have here:

AP > General > Messages & Emails > Emails & Contact Form ?

Security issue sending e-mails? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest June 22nd 2015, 8:59 pm

SLGray wrote:What do you have here:

AP > General > Messages & Emails > Emails & Contact Form ?

I've sent you a PM on that. But that doesn't explain why that when the founder e-mail has been entered in the top field it shows up anyway in a no-reply mail when replied even though the sender is no-reply@something and the founder set not to share and show the e-mail address... It says nowhere in or next to that field the address will be shown. And the e-mail wasn't even coming from the founder.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51556
    Language : English

Post by SLGray June 22nd 2015, 9:23 pm

The no reply is not really an email address.  It just means that the email does not need to be replied to.  If you do reply to it, it will changed to the email address in the administration panel.

Security issue sending e-mails? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.