The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

First time creating blog : Questions

mcdk
    Forumember

Male Posts : 135
    Language : Greek

First time creating blog : Questions Empty First time creating blog : Questions

Post by mcdk June 24th 2015, 4:04 am

hello guys.
    this is the first time that i turn some forums into blogs and i need your help for the design.
    well to begin with , i put that css
    ".blog_message{display:none;}"

because the preview of each topic , was too large (the images weren't resized) , and i had to roll and roll over again the page to see the 20 first topics.
    Is it possible to fix the image size for the blog?Also , can i change the limit of topics per page of the blog? mine now is 20 for forums , but id like to do it 10 for blogs...

second question..
    i have made a long while ago , some changes into css and the icons "no new post" "new post" "hot topic" are placed not left of the title , but right ...and id like to know if is it possible to remove them from the blogs only..
    ((i show you the position in the picture below))

also one last question for now...can i put some background color to the author and the views which are placed right and down of each topic??

thanks and sorry for my english.

First time creating blog : Questions Blog10
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

First time creating blog : Questions Empty Re: First time creating blog : Questions

Post by SLGray June 24th 2015, 4:13 am

I am confused by your first question.

First time creating blog : Questions Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    mcdk
    Forumember

First time creating blog : Questions Empty Re: First time creating blog : Questions

Post by mcdk June 24th 2015, 1:56 pm

ok with the first one , it is not very important..can you help me how i could remove the icon of no new , new , hot topic?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g June 24th 2015, 3:00 pm

Do you want it removed forum wide? If so go to ACP-->Display-->Pictures Management (Advanced mode)-->It should be in the 1st tab 'New Posts' , 'No new posts', remove the image urls and save.

Note: I strongly recommend NOT removing this, as this could possibly confuse members and make the forum theme/design look unpleasant.

-Brandon

First time creating blog : Questions Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic First time creating blog : Questions Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

First time creating blog : Questions Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Globe Administrator
    Forumember

Language : English, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba

Post by Globe Administrator June 24th 2015, 3:28 pm

I can help you customize a small advanced "New" image inscribed "new" to show new topic than the latter big image. I am sure every one will love it.
    mcdk
    Forumember

Post by mcdk June 24th 2015, 3:33 pm

hello again and thanks.
    i want these icons to be removed only from the blogs , not from each forum Smile
    thanks!
    Globe Administrator
    Forumember

Post by Globe Administrator June 24th 2015, 4:36 pm

Ok, goto your Adminpanel > Display > Picture Management > Advanced > (Go to the image you want to clear the image, clear the URL, scroll down and save
    Globe Administrator
    Forumember

Post by Globe Administrator June 24th 2015, 4:37 pm

Ok, goto your Adminpanel > Display > Picture Management > Advanced > (Go to the image you want to clear the image, clear the URL, scroll down and save
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g June 24th 2015, 4:44 pm

mcdk wrote:hello again and thanks.
    i want these icons to be removed only from the blogs , not from each forum Smile
    thanks!

I don't believe this is possible with the default settings and options in the acp. Because you remove them with the method above it will remove the images for the entire forum. There is no way to add specific new/no new posts icon for a section.

-Brandon
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape June 24th 2015, 4:53 pm

Hello let me just Clear some thing up for you.
    No matter if your forum is set to forum / or Blog settings the the new post / No new post icons will show there is No way to remove the icons just for Blogs as this is set in the main database.

I am really sorry to tell you this but removing the icons where said will remove them from the whole forum.

First time creating blog : Questions Left1212First time creating blog : Questions Center11First time creating blog : Questions Right112
    First time creating blog : Questions Ape_b110
    First time creating blog : Questions Ape1010

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 2:29 am