Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes

SallyCafe

Language : English

Solved Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes

Post by SallyCafe July 21st 2015, 4:04 am

Hi everyone. First thanks for this awesome forum and for your help.

My problem
    : I'm the admin of a forum and I suddenly can't login to my Control Panel (Administration Panel).

My forum: http://****.forumotion.com

The reason
    : Not sure, but as far as I can tell, it's probably the last code added to my CSS. I got this code from THIS forum (https://help.forumotion.com/t122580-gallery-details#816158), and it was supposed to deal with a specific feature in the Gallery. Anyway it reads like this:

Code:
    fieldset {
    border-width: 0;
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    font-size: 1.1em;
    display: none;
    }

This code, I later discovered, caused several problems not only this one. When I logged in to delete it finally, I could log in (to the forum) as usual. My Administration Panel is set as to confirm my password again, but now instead of giving me the password field to type my password in as usual, I get "To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself" and "You are not logged in." I really don't know, but this code above seems to have disabled all "fields." Please help as soon as possible, and thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Last edited by SallyCafe on July 21st 2015, 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
    Pizza Boi
    Pizza Boi
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
    Language : French

Solved Re: Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes

Post by Pizza Boi July 21st 2015, 4:44 am

Hi Very Happy

Have you tried logging in this fashion: http://lecafe.forumotion.com/login

If you did, and still have the problem, I highly suggest you open F12 in your keyboard and search for the CSS that deteriorates your logging in and delete it. If you can't find it, add this in your CSS in console:

Code:
    fieldset {
    display: block;
    }

You can change block to anything because I saw that you made it none.

Regards,
    Pizza Boi
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51553

Solved Re: Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes

Post by SLGray July 21st 2015, 4:47 am

Please change the title of your topic to something that is related to your question/issue, so that other users will be able to find their question/issue using the search engine.

So the issue is trying to confirm your information?

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Pizza Boi
    Pizza Boi
    Hyperactive

Post by Pizza Boi July 21st 2015, 4:50 am

SLGray wrote:Please change the title of your topic to something that is related to your question/issue, so that other users will be able to find their question/issue using the search engine.

Hi Very Happy

The issue being relayed is that the field to put in the username and password are not appearing Confused .

Regards,
    Pizza Boi
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 21st 2015, 4:52 am

Code:
    fieldset {
    border-width: 0;
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    font-size: 1.1em;
    display: none;
    }
    If you add display: none, it will remove the element.

SallyCafe

Post by SallyCafe July 21st 2015, 5:37 am

Exactly. I can log in to the forum, but I cannot log in to the Administration Panel. Why? Because (I guess) of that code in the CSS (which now I cannot access). I got a few screenshots to explain this dilemma.

First thank you Pizza Boi for your help and posts. Here how it looks when I use http://****.forumotion.com/login

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes 110

But I don't need this really, because fortunately I have a login widget that I can login through. However, all fields inside seem to be disabled. To access my Panel I have to re-enter my password, but this is what I get:

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes 210

Even in the Gallery, just for example, when I click "upload" to add a new pic, this is what I get:

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes 310

Empty.. all empty.. Even when I delete a pic, this is how it looks:

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes 410

There are no Yes or No buttons. Entire areas or fields or functions (?) have been disabled.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the F12 tool/function. Do you mean I can access my CSS this way and even modify it? Wow! I really hope so. That will be great. All I want is to reach my CSS (or perhaps someone in the Management here can force her/his way in, to just delete that code above mentioned). I really don't know how to solve this. Thanks again Pizza Boi for your help and hopefully this F12 can do it. If I can really access my CSS this way, just let me know please where to go exactly. Thanks in advance everyone.

Last edited by SallyCafe on July 21st 2015, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    SallyCafe

Post by SallyCafe July 21st 2015, 5:40 am

SLGray wrote:Please change the title of your topic to something that is related to your question/issue, so that other users will be able to find their question/issue using the search engine.

Yes sir, soon. Just thinking what to write. Also please read my last post here, hopefully this will better explain my problem.

Pizza Boi
    Pizza Boi
    Hyperactive

Post by Pizza Boi July 21st 2015, 7:18 am

Hi Very Happy

Check what I did in the lower right where I wrote field set: http://prntscr.com/7v4hrm

It brought back the fields Smile. For either Chrome or Firefox, just click on the + button and change the id to fieldset and apply the CSS settings.

Regards,
    Pizza Boi
    SallyCafe

Post by SallyCafe July 21st 2015, 7:58 am

Pizza Boi, you're the man! Thank you so much for your time and support. The problem's solved. I'm not sure how, but I added your earlier code, while still trying to figure out this "F12" discovery, almost exactly at the same time you were adding this code in the screen shot. So either way the credit definitely goes to you, thanks a million. (I just didn't believe, and still don't, we can modify the CSS or codes of a forum or site like this. Doesn't this simply go against all security measures? Anyway, not my specialization so forgive my curiosity).

SLGray: Thanks for your time and patience guys. Believe me we never talk but we're deeply impressed by how both supportive and professional you all are on this forum. Could you guys please check that code or that post mentioned and just add a warning or something (https://help.forumotion.com/t122580-gallery-details#816158). Almost half of a forum's functions get disabled because of this one code. Anyway, thanks again; you may please lock this thread. (Even change the topic's title, again; it's better NOT to show in the search engines in my humble opinion).
    Pizza Boi
    Pizza Boi
    Hyperactive

Post by Pizza Boi July 21st 2015, 8:24 am

Hi Very Happy

Don't worry about it, it's your browser's console getting affected only and it won't trigger forum security in anyway Smile . There's still a lot of things you have to do to hack...

The pizza's here. That'd be $2.99 Wink ~

Regards,
    Pizza Boi
    SallyCafe

Post by SallyCafe July 21st 2015, 8:57 am

lol

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes Pizzab11

Can't login to Administration Panel (re-login). Can't access CSS codes 3dolla11

Last edited by SallyCafe on July 21st 2015, 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
    Pizza Boi
    Pizza Boi
    Hyperactive

Post by Pizza Boi July 21st 2015, 9:10 am

Hi Very Happy

loul I am DEFINITELY using that in my forum signature héhé. Thanks for the praise I love you !

Regards,
    Pizza Boi
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 21st 2015, 6:43 pm

Topic solved and archived