The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc)

minneauxx
    Forumember

Language : english

Solved i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc)

Post by minneauxx July 27th 2015, 8:52 pm

this is what it show after i search my forum.."A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more"

the url is certifiedvendor.org
    i want it to be recognized like this forum legitvendor.org
    u type legit vendor and the page will be given to u by the search engine..
    but mine unless u type in the whole url..this makes it difficult for people to see..

help me....im not good in this robot.txt and the languages....
    or anything to help get to moving , i mean recognize by search engine or guestsi want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) <a href=i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Captur13" />.

Solved Re: i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc)

Post by Guest July 27th 2015, 9:23 pm

Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Solved Re: i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc)

Post by Shadow July 28th 2015, 11:29 am

Hello

Robot.txt message appears when your forum is 100% private. Search engines are like a visitor, they browse your forum but if this latter is 100% private they are not able to access your forum description.

You can either let the whole forum public or just one sub-forum. Like that, Google will be able to reach your description Smile

Normally the aim of the private forum is not to be visible on Google Wink

Best regards
    Buttercup
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 28th 2015, 12:18 pm

i'm getting error and stuffs...brrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh
    am not good in this thing..can help?
    provide u the logins and u do it for me Hello
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Post by brandon_g July 28th 2015, 2:07 pm

Hello,

Most of the issues can be corrected in Acp (Admin panel)->General->Categories and forums click the little gear icon (modify) and go to a forums permissions. Make sure it says Guests CAN view the forum and read the topics.

-Brandon

i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow July 28th 2015, 2:13 pm

Hello

I won't enter your forum to reset your permissions Wink If you manage to make your forum private, you'll manage to change your permissions without problem Wink

You can watch this video: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbou88_how-to-add-a-forum-and-set-permissi_tech
    or read this tutorial: https://help.forumotion.com/t3315-permissions

Thanks Smile
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 28th 2015, 6:24 pm

lol... i have changed the permissions...now guests can view and read...

Yet am getting this..A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

i have submitted it to the search engines too
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g July 28th 2015, 6:38 pm

Hello,

I would say give it a day or two, for the results to be adjusted after you made the change. It can a bit for the search engines update or put forth and revisions you make into the search. 

The next couple times the bots visit your forum, they will now be able to properly index it and relay the information it finds to Google. This can a take a couple days for search engines to show any changes made.

I would say wait a couple days, then see if it has changed. Wink

-Brandon
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 28th 2015, 6:47 pm

okay
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape July 29th 2015, 11:47 am

you have to have your forum live to bots for upto 48hrs or more before the info is shown in google and Bing Note yahoo is now bing so if you see bing and no yahoo then you know why.

i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Left1212i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Center11i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Right112
    i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Ape_b110
    i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Ape1010
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 29th 2015, 11:51 am

i have done the robot.txt.
    sitemaps is the problem...i have tried several times...i think u should make videos on such things..
    anyway i followed the steps but still getting errors when i submit the sitemap url to google.

[img]i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Captur14[/img]
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 29th 2015, 11:54 am

[img]i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Captur15[/img]
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 29th 2015, 11:57 am

i have verified it to google...but facing problems with the site maps..
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g July 29th 2015, 2:30 pm

minneauxx wrote:i have done the robot.txt.
    sitemaps is the problem...i have tried several times...i think u should make videos on such things..
    anyway i followed the steps but still getting errors when i submit the sitemap url to google.

[img]i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Captur14[/img]

Which steps? We only asked you try waiting a bit?

-Brandon
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 29th 2015, 4:16 pm

yes... my forum have been verified by google..!
    i want to get sitemap of my forum so i submit that one too...
    that what am tryna say
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g July 29th 2015, 5:02 pm

Your site description has updated on search engines and you have moved on to create a site map. Do I understand that correctly?

-Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on July 29th 2015, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 29th 2015, 5:09 pm

yes...sitemap so i can submit to other search engines
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray July 29th 2015, 6:57 pm

You do not have to submit a sitemap for search engines to index your forum.  They will index your forum when they come across it.  Also there should be ways to submit your forum's link to search engines.

It takes time for all search engines to index your forum.

Remember:  search engines can only index what they see on your forum.  They see what guests see on your forum.

i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    minneauxx
    Forumember

Post by minneauxx July 29th 2015, 7:03 pm

okay...problem solved...!!
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray July 29th 2015, 7:07 pm

Topic solved and archived

i want my forum to be recognize by search engines(yahoo, google,big etc) Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 11:34 am