I've Messed up my Temporary Themes Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

I've Messed up my Temporary Themes

GBDawg1
    GBDawg1
    Forumember

Male Posts : 55
    Language : English

In progress I've Messed up my Temporary Themes

Post by GBDawg1 September 13th 2015, 6:27 pm

I change the themes on my site fairly frequently and have 3 temporary themes. The problem is that somehow I have managed to alter the colour scheme on the one I use most. It should be magenta but it is light green now.

Anyway, I solved the issue temporarily by resoring an old theme and then updating the banner. But, what I have now is the current theme and 3 temporary themes and I suspect if I change the theme then the current theme will be lost. How do I save the current theme into my temporary themes? I presume I have to delete one of the temporary themes but what then?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Site is www.theeafl.com
    Zed is Not Dead
    Zed is Not Dead
    Forumember

In progress Re: I've Messed up my Temporary Themes

Post by Zed is Not Dead September 13th 2015, 6:57 pm

I checked the temp themes I believe at the moment you are allowed 3 temp themes at a time, however here is an idea make a mock site and put temp themes on that and you can simply copy and paste the theme information and CSS code, it be tedious but this is the best option I can actually see.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur September 13th 2015, 8:21 pm

Hi @GBDawg1,

You can export your theme via themes management.
    Display > Themes management > Export

Choose "current skin", "wholestyle" and then click export to download the bbtheme. This will export CSS, Images, and various settings into a single file. To reinstall the theme at a later date, simply go back to themes management and import your bbtheme.

If any questions let me know. Smile
    GBDawg1
    GBDawg1
    Forumember

Post by GBDawg1 September 14th 2015, 12:18 am

Thanks for your replies.

The issue is that what I want to do with the theme that I have on the site currently is to make this theme one of the temporary themes. How do I do that? If I delete one of the temporary themes, thus creating a space for a new one, is there a way I can import or copy the theme to make it a temporary theme?
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur September 14th 2015, 6:33 am

Hmm unfortunately as far as I know, the import feature only allows you to import the theme as a new skin. The only solution for that would be to import it to another forum, then copy the content over into the temporary themes.
    GBDawg1
    GBDawg1
    Forumember

Post by GBDawg1 September 15th 2015, 11:59 am

OK, what I have done is changed all the colours back line-by-line to the magenta colour (where the line showed another colour, in this case light green) and it seems to have almost fixed the problem. It was tedious and time-consuming but appears to have worked, except for in a couple of areas at the top of the banner and the top of the forum. I have put some pictures below to show what I mean. How can I get that border or background the right colour?

I've Messed up my Temporary Themes Banner10

I've Messed up my Temporary Themes Forum10
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur September 15th 2015, 12:25 pm

That should be under the pictures. "Category" and "Header" background image I believe.
    GBDawg1
    GBDawg1
    Forumember

Post by GBDawg1 September 15th 2015, 1:04 pm

I can see what I think it is I need to amend in the current theme, but that option doesn't seem to be available in the temporary themes.

Display/Pics Management/General-Explore/ - Header's background image and table's background image.

But when I go into General/Explore in the temporary themes section, those options are not available which seems odd.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur September 15th 2015, 1:35 pm

You're right, that IS weird. I checked and it's nowhere to be found.. blackeye
    GBDawg1
    GBDawg1
    Forumember

Post by GBDawg1 September 15th 2015, 2:09 pm

If I were to delete one of my temporary themes (I already have the maximum of 3) wuld I then be able to import the one I have currently? I can't see what options are available when you add a theme because it's unavailable as I already have the maximum number.