"Do not display again button" how to re enable(without clear cache) or use it just as a close button...? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

"Do not display again button" how to re enable(without clear cache) or use it just as a close button...?

soamra

Language : greek

Solved "Do not display again button" how to re enable(without clear cache) or use it just as a close button...?

Post by soamra September 16th 2015, 7:33 am

Hello everyone again,
    as tittle says i need to make the "Do not display again button" on pop up login window to work as a close button, so the member on the next refresh and after logout to can see again the login pop up window.
    Until now i found that if you press the "Do not display again button" the only way to see again the login screen, is to clear the cache of the browser.
    Also on this code
    Code:
                   <div id="login_popup_buttons">
                      <form action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" method="get">
                         <input type="submit" class="mainoption" value="{L_LOGIN}" />
                         <input type="button" class="mainoption" value="{L_REGISTER}" onclick="parent.location='{U_REGISTER}';" />
                         <input id="login_popup_close" type="button" class="button" value="{L_DONT_DISPLAY_AGAIN}" />
                      </form>
                   </div>
    I tried that
    Code:
    <input type="button" class="button" onclick="self.close()" value="Close" />
    but nothing of that worked...
    Any solution? My forum is hellasd3.4umer.com
    soamra

Solved Re: "Do not display again button" how to re enable(without clear cache) or use it just as a close button...?

Post by soamra September 16th 2015, 10:17 pm

Bump ...Ange Tuteur any help?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515
    Language : English

Solved Re: "Do not display again button" how to re enable(without clear cache) or use it just as a close button...?

Post by SLGray September 17th 2015, 3:38 am

Please don't double post. Your post needs to be separated by at least 24 hours before bumping. Please use the edit button instead!

"Do not display again button" how to re enable(without clear cache) or use it just as a close button...? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    mpelmmc
    mpelmmc
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1092
    Language : English and Spanish

Post by mpelmmc September 17th 2015, 4:58 am

Hello @soamra

Have you tried to disable your javascript codes? Or maybe erase all the changes you've done on your templates. I mean, you have edited the "Do not display" button via templates or javascript, so the easy and fast way is disable them or erase.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur September 17th 2015, 1:27 pm

Hi @soamra,

You can force the cookie to expire.

Go to Modules > JS codes management > new
    Code:
    if (my_getcookie('login_popup_closed')) {
      document.cookie = 'login_popup_closed=0; path=/; expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC;';
    }
    soamra

Post by soamra September 17th 2015, 7:20 pm

Again Ange Tuteur gave a solution. What can i say about this person, when he talks he gives a solution and not a notice...
    THANK YOU man...
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur September 17th 2015, 7:29 pm

You're welcome Smile

Topic archived

Have a nice day. ^^