Insert a Link not working Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Insert a Link not working

Dunggate
    Forumember

Female Posts : 105
    Language : English

Pro Admin Insert a Link not working

Post by Dunggate November 7th 2015, 8:06 pm

Link to my Forum below
    http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info/forum

My problem is in Petitions and Information Category
    When I make posts which are lengthy I use wording READ MORE  to insert a link as they are very lengthy links,
    using the button for Url and Description option. unfortunately it do not work and even when showing full is not clickable.
    I'm not very P.C. Savvy but that should be easy to follow. I'm copy and pasting here how it appears on my latest post is not as it shows when posting to explain here you would need to go to my page post http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info/t3216-christian-news-network  
    Thousands of homes built in refugee camp for Christian victims of Boko Haram 

[url=http://www.premier.org.uk/News/World/Thousands-of-homes-built-in-refugee-camp-for-Christian-victims-of-Boko-Haram?utm_source=Premier Christian]READ MORE[/url]

I also get same problem even with the switch editor mode to use to copy from another webpage which use in their Forum a button to insert long links even though it show up fine on their page.

I do hope this can be fixed to use. Thank you
    Elaine/aka Dunggate
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19357
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Pro Admin Re: Insert a Link not working

Post by Ape November 7th 2015, 8:31 pm

Hello can i ask are you using this button to add your link ?
    Insert a Link not working Captur56

Insert a Link not working Left1212Insert a Link not working Center11Insert a Link not working Right112
    Insert a Link not working Ape_b110
    Insert a Link not working Ape1010
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51514

Post by SLGray November 7th 2015, 8:47 pm

This will load a page, not expand a post:

Code:
    [url=http://www.premier.org.uk/News/World/Thousands-of-homes-built-in-refugee-camp-for-Christian-victims-of-Boko-Haram?utm_source=Premier
     Christian]READ MORE[/url]
    Are you wanting something that will expand when click in your messages? If yes, you could use the spoiler tags button.

Example:
    Code:
    [spoiler="Click Here"]YOUR TEXT[/spoiler]
    Click Here:

Insert a Link not working Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Dunggate
    Forumember

Post by Dunggate November 8th 2015, 12:05 am

APE wrote:Hello can i ask are you using this button to add your link ?
    Insert a Link not working Captur56
    Yes that's the button I'm using. I don't know of any other than direct from address bar which is often much too long.
    Thank you for asking
    Elaine
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape November 8th 2015, 6:45 pm

ok so your saying that you make a post say 3 lines long and then you want when you click READ MORE it takes you to a new site or posts in your forum ?

Or do you want it to just show half your text and when you click READ MORE it opens the full post ?
    a little like we have on the home page

a little like this [url=http://www.premier.org.uk/News/World/Thousands-of-homes-built-in-refugee-camp-for-Christian-victims-of-Boko-Haram?utm_source=Premier Christian]READ MORE[/url]

Insert a Link not working Left1212Insert a Link not working Center11Insert a Link not working Right112
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape November 8th 2015, 6:56 pm

ok i think i see the problem your URL is showing lots of _'s and other things like - this is messing up your codes i tested it without the dots and dashes and it worked but when i did your code no matter how i added it it become a open link.

Try and do it with out all the dots and dashes from some other post and see if you still get the problem.
    I Will make a report about this to our tech team but no one is in the office until tomorrow

Dunggate
    Forumember

Post by Dunggate November 8th 2015, 8:30 pm

APE wrote:ok i think i see the problem your URL is showing lots of _'s and other things like - this is messing up your codes i tested it without the dots and dashes and it worked but when i did your code no matter how i added it it become a open link.

Try and do it with out all the dots and dashes from some other post and see if you still get the problem.
    I Will make a report about this to our tech team but no one is in the office until tomorrow
    Thank you, 
    The url is taken right click copy from the address bar of the article page where I have already copied a few lines ready to post on my notepad which I apply to my Forum post.

I have the article page up so use right click copy the address bar url which I place in the Insert a link button I write in Description (Optional)  READ MORE or CLICK HERE TO READ MORE Insert.
    And you see the result. which occasionally also happen when I use a copy paste from another website who have embeded the url in READ MORE  sometimes it work okay sometime not.

I think I remember a time ago when you could have this already written ready in your post and you just highlight the wording go to a button to insert the url

Thank you very much for trying to sort this for me as it is so useful to place all the various news in one post from a certain notification giving a few lines information with a link to read more from their article. 

Blessings Elaine
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape November 8th 2015, 10:11 pm

I have made a report to the tech team to find out why this is not working right and i hope some one will get back to me on this some time tomorrow or maybe in the week Wink

APE

Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape November 9th 2015, 11:38 pm

Hi I have news back from our tech team they say this is not a bug but a problem with the url you are making a copy off.

The url you gave us has a space in it. Make sure when putting a url in the tools you do not have any space in the text if you still have a problem let me know

Ape

Dunggate
    Forumember

Post by Dunggate November 11th 2015, 1:05 am

APE wrote:Hi I have news back from our tech team they say this is not a bug but a problem with the url you are making a copy off.

The url you gave us has a space in it. Make sure when putting a url in the tools you do not have any space in the text if you still have a problem let me know

Ape
    Hi,
    Can you suggest something else please.
    Again I have this problem. I get the link from the Address bar of Premier Christian Network article to embed today in READ MORE and LISTEN HERE which worked fine in another Christian Forum where I share this News.
    I tested at their site posted and tried, it opened to the article. I coped the post page pasted into my Forum page and same happen not embeded  and not clickable link. 
    Saying this other posts I have made today from various articles using the same process take from address bar and they are fine at my Forum.
    Blessings Elaine
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape November 11th 2015, 1:08 am

please pm me the links your trying to post and i will take a look at them for you
    make sure the links Do not have any space in the text if it has a space put 20% in its place or remove the space.

All links should not have any space in them or it becomes a broken link in our servers